Ye Horns Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsduckpuddingthe pubsteak and kidney piesunday lunchhomemade chipsplaicegreat countryspecials boardbar areaexcellent mealexcellent accommodationkippersbeautiful countrysidestay overnightbit datedmain building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Have just arrived home from anothr great meal -- my husbands love of the beef soup and duck is second to none-- but he did have the turkey when we dined there on Christmas Eve lunch time!! Ok so we are in our early 60 ' s but our daughter and son in law (who also enjoyed Christmas Eve ) are in their early 30 's , have been here 4 times now, they come from Sheffield just for a GOOD meal. Needless to say we will be back again very soon. So what if the service is a little slow this just lets one course settle before the duck arrives !! Thanks to Mark and all his staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My husband and I have been visiting Ye Horns for the last 30 years, We have tried other establishments in the North West, but in our opinion, Ye Horns Inn is by far the best! The food served is of excellent standard on every single occasion, we have never been disappointed, nor had any cause for complaint. The atmosphere is very relaxing, the decor is absolutely in keeping with the history of the building! I sincerely hope this never changes! It does not matter what age group you are in, if you want a traditional, very delicious, home cooked meal, with friendly service, and beautiful surroundings, this is the place to come!! We have also stayed in one of the excellent en suite bedrooms, which was of the usual high standard of comfort! We cannot wait to visit again! Keep up the good work! And many thanks for all the lovely memories, and scrumptious food! See you soon!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ian and Linda Y
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My family have been visiting the 'Horns' for the last 60 years or so and my wife and I have been enjoying it's hospitality for 50 of those.
Our order is exactly the same as it was all those years ago, their specialism which is, Home made soup and Duck plus occasionally their Sticky Toffee Pudding, when we are not trying to lose weight.
The great appeal of the 'Horns' is that it never changes and thank God for that. This is no 'Ember Inn' or one of those flash eateries supplying ready prepared food that they merely heat up....this place is Traditional with a capital 'T' and long may it remain so. The family DO NOT WANT IT TO CHANGE. When we make a reservation we make it with absolute confidence, knowing that we are going to enjoy well cooked, first class food, with good wine and traditional draught ale in a wonderfully homely environment.

Room Tip: Never stayed in their accommodation as we only live 15 miles away but we have friends who have and they regard it as highly as the restaurant.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris018
Woodsey100, Owner at Ye Horns Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Thanks for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your recent visit !

Reviewed September 25, 2011

It was over 25 years ago the last time I ate at Ye Horns Inn. Since then it's management has changed, I have lived in various parts of the North West & have expanded my waistline. I have eaten in establishments around the world, from dainty cafes to posh nosh. Yet those bygone youthful first flourishes into the big world away from Pizzaland still sit fondly in the mind. So, it was with a smile on my face that we chose to stay & eat here with friends.
The timber framed building still dominates the view as you drive along the Inglewhite road. There is a little car park for the accommodation guests round the back of the pub. We were greeted as we exited our cars & shown to our respective rooms. My friends had a lovely room downstairs & we were up a short flight of slightly creaky stairs. Our room was comfortable, & warm. The bed was wonderful, with a chouce of soft & firm pillow. A freeview flatscreen TV, radion, two chairs, brewing equipment, etc etc. There was a full sized very deep bath with a shower over in the bathroom - just as the name would demand.
A short stroll was rewarded by kind hospitality, a quirky bar design with two real ales & a menu to bring back memories. Yes, we are talking good quality, more old fashioned menu choices. From thick wholesome soups to sticky toffee pudding, these were the memories of my young adulthood. The chef adorned some meals with twists away from the original - the duck is to die for, and the choice of house wines were superb.
Between the four of us we had a range of meals. None of us wished we'd had the others, even though all were superb. There were no bad choices at all.
Faults, well life is never perfect, there were a few (no I won't burst into song). The rooms had a few scuffs & marks, but they were clean & very well appointed. The portion sizes were perfect, as you were able to enjoy all 3 courses. There was only one choice of fruit juice for breakfast, but I am trying to be picky.
So, based upon the sizeable clientelle frequenting the establshment, how full our stomachs were, how large the smiles on our faces were as we left, then a trip down memory will be taken on a more frequent basis.

Room Tip: They all seem to be good.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
M4rkW, Owner at Ye Horns Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Thank you for your review of our Inn, I'm glad your enjoyed your stay with us !

Just one point to make, the management has not changed, I have been at the helm for the last 25 years and the 'Horns' has been in my family since 1952 !

Best regards

Mark Woods

Reviewed August 14, 2011

This has a clientel which is stuck in the same time warp as the restuarant. Visited on 14th August 2011 and was given the menu for Sunday Lunch. Having heard glowing reports over the years we believed we were in for a treat.
The food was of a very mediocre standard served on small plates to look more, the overall experience was poor with the final insult being luke warm coffee.
We were greeted by a very sulen individual lacking the social skills for any position front of house and were subsequently served by four more young memebrs of staff, who would not even excel at McDonalds!
I would never recommend or visit this restuarant again!
If the management wish to trace me my bill was £38.80, money not well spent

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Peter M

Thanks for your review of our Inn, I'm sorry you were not totally satisfied with your visit, and wish you had spoken to us while you were here. At least that way we would have had the opportunity to put things right.
I don't think the age of the clientele should be a negative, maybe they appreciate the traditional Fayre we offer. You will be old one day !

Mark Woods