“One of our favorite restaurants in Italy! ”
Review of Da Mauro

Da Mauro
Cuisines: Italian, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I love the Abruzzo mountains and found this little gem of a restaurant in Villetta Barrea. The homemade pasta was heavenly! Dessert was wonderful! We'll definitely be back!

Date of visit: November 2018
MauroT328, Proprietario at Da Mauro, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2018

Thank you very very much...

Write a reviewReviews (695)

Reviewed July 22, 2016

Excellent! For meat eater, vegetarians, vegan. If you are celiac you can ask for: any kind of meat if you eat it or, if you are vegetarian and celiac: zuppa di lenticchie e fagioli without pasta, porcini freschi in padella, vegetables... Big portions of everything. Gnocchi with porcini... I will never forget them! And service is quick and professional. The best in town, I tell you!

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank MissNist
Reviewed January 10, 2016

I was there two week s ago with my family .the restaurant is very nice and food aswell
The pizza is very very good

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed July 7, 2015

I had lamb chops which I love and is difficult to get in Rome. The food was good and we had a very pleasant lunch.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed June 26, 2015

We were in Villetta Barrea in May, so out of season and not much chance of finding anywhere to eat without having to drive. These guys were within walking distance of our apartment (so we could enjoy the house white and Peroni!) and were busy, even if just with takeaway pizzas on weekdays. Very impressed with the service and the food, although probably just basic Italian cuisine, but the pizza was sensational! Only reason for 4 and not 5 stars is because I was unhappy with a 4 euro cover charge, apparently for the linen table cloth - but no olives or bread. However, I think this is common in Italy ... even though it's 50% of the cost of the food - whatever!

Date of visit: May 2015