“WOW! This is a place to visit Great Fishing for July too!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elk Lake
Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge
Pemberton, New Jersey
“WOW! This is a place to visit Great Fishing for July too!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My friend and I have been fishing for years, and the lakes that Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge offered were spectacular. Each lake we visited had something different to offer the senses and believe me when I say this “Wow!” The cottage we had was clean and well maintained, there were new appliances in the kitchen and yes we had satellite TV too.

The staff of the Lodge was warm and helpful nothing was too much for the new owners, Tony and Melissa.

Now to the fishing we are diehards we would get up at the dawn and fish to dusk. We caught breeder size pike and walleye and the small mouth bass were blast to catch.

Tony dressed the fish for transport back to the states and we cleared customs without a hitch. Thanks Tony!

I have attached Pictures to this review and I believe they will speak volumes than what I could type.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank feebish

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Inverness Qc
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge

Highway 560 West | Box 68, Elk Lake, Ontario P0J 1G0, Canada

The variety of lakes and fish were great....... but for me the experience of the surrounding area with the sounds of nature, the beauty of the rock formations, sunrises and sunsets........
the interesting people we met from all over North America, and our hosts Melissa, Tony & Gary.....a great team that make you feel @ home. Bravo! ........ will see you again.

Terry Macmillan
RiverFog@Live.ca

Room Tip: Variety of clean and comfortable cabins....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank RiverFog
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Reasons to go:
1. Remote lakes are beautiful to hike or boat to, and there is such a variety of fish to catch.
2. Solitude of being the only camp with access to these waters.
3. Unique and rugged beauty of the surroundings.
4. Serenity and peacefulness.
5. Not just for anglers -- canoeing, hiking, sitting, swimming . . .
6. Wide variety of wildlife
7. New owners warm and accommodating, busy updating cabins and amenities.
Looking forward to returning again and again, as a couple, and with our family and friends.
Barry and Joyce

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank JillColyer
Courtice
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I have been fishing for well over 35 years, and have visited many lodges all over Canada.... I'm also a professional angler and fish year round. Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge is one of the trips that I look forward to every year... I have visited many times with my buddies (who are die hard anglers) and my family (Wife and two teen girls)...regardless we always have an amazing time.

I've been visiting Lost Lake for well over 30 years and the fishing is what has kept me coming back. Amazing Smallmouth, Walleye and Pike....with alternate species like Brook Trout and Lake Trout. The quality of fish is also pretty amazing, with chances of hitting 10lb Walleye, 20lb Pike and 5lb Smallies... The many lake options with boats and motors on each lake also allow you to change it up often and even fish a different lake everyday.

What is really exciting, is that the new owners, Tony and Melissa have restored the Lodge to an AMAZINGLY warm comfortable place to visit. The cabins make you feel like your at home, with all the amenities you need. They are always there to offer up advise whether it's fishing, hunting or just a good old fashioned hike in the woods. You will be treated like you should be at a Lodge.... Warm and welcomed.....Oh by the way....The home cooked meals are amazing!!

Without a doubt, you will not regret a trip to Lost Lake....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank Gary H
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 28, 2011

My friend & I have been fishing in Canada for over 30 years & we found Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge to be one of our better experiences. The food was excellent & the cabins & boats were in good condition. The owner was helpful & very knowledge. We caught several pike in the 30 inch range, the largest 38 inches. We also caught several nice walleyes. All 5 lakes produce nice size fish. An all around great fishing trip.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank Fred M
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The new people are very friendly and outgoing. They were only to glad to help us in anything we needed or wanted. I have been going up there for about 40 years I feel it is a home away from home. The beauty and the quiet is wonderful. There is no place better for the fishing. There are about 5 lakes to fish in with a wide assortment of spieces. Any person or family will be very pleased with the cottages and boats they offer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank Fay H
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We have been to Lost lake several times over the years and have watched it decline due to personal issues and health of previous owners, when we heard it was sold we decided to give it a try and to our delight the new folks were wonderful, they have done alot of work since taking over this year, the lodge, cottages, and trails are all being cared for again. we found our old favorite cottage very clean with many repairs made the trails cut, boats were tuned with new props, and the fishing was pretty good we mananged to land decent fish every trip out and really enjoyed our stay, it is truly a drive to wilderness lodge with great fishing and plenty of wildlife, we wil definetly go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank shoewho

Been to Lost Lake Wilderness Lodge? Share your experiences!