“The Kids had a blast!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stellarton
Port Hawkesbury, Canada
“The Kids had a blast!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Treated the kids and a few of their friends to an overnight stay in New Glasgow. We took in a 3-D movie at Empire Theaters and then swam the night away (pool was open till 10PM with lifeguard - and 11PM without lifeguard). Kids loved the comfy beds, the fun waterslide, and the hotub. The hotel offers complimentary breakfast in the morning (from 7-10am) and was yummy! (hot and cold items). Solid hotel, would use again for a short get-away with the children! Price was reasonable. Great staff - very friendly and out-going! Authentically concerned that you enjoyed your stay and very kid-friendly! Great job Holiday Inn!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bbhalifax
MeganDel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stellarton - New Glasgow, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear bbhalifax,

It is comments like yours that make all of us who work at the hotel feel great. Thank you so much for all of the kind things you had to say about our hotel. We take great pride in providing both a great product and wonderful service.

We hope to see you again sooner than later.

Megan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Middleton, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express in Stellarton is always friendly, super clean, and very comfortable. The rooms are spacious, quiet, and well equipped. It is a very convenient location and the breakfast is really good. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CrownVictoria
Dear CrownVictoria,

Thank you so much for the kind things you had to say about our hotel. We really appreciate it when people take the time to let us know how we are doing.

Kind Regards,

Mississauga, Ontario
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stay here when on business and the best hotel around (BB's excluded). Stayed at Country Suites a block away and this hotel is way better. The bed is comfortable, there is a good sized desk and free internet.

Would recommend to any other business person.

Did not experience strange smells or lots of children. But rowdy business people can often be as noisy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank iobie
Dear iobie,

Thank you so much for the kind review of our hotel. We do our best to ensure we provide the best service we can and a nice, clean product.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stay here for work sometimes and it is a nice hotel. Clean, friendly staff and comfy. But from thurs to sunday it is overrun with teams of kids. Every weekend ive stayed here ive been woekn up early and difficulty going to sleep. From the running feet, hallway hockey games to fighting teens it is nuts. I was young once and realise how much fun they are having which is great :), just not a great hotel for anyone but.

Room Tip: Fourth floor so you cant hear running kids above you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank efb2011
MeganDel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stellarton - New Glasgow, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear efb2011,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel. I am sorry that you feel like weekends at the hotel are taken over by teams. In the winter time we certainly do get our fair share and we try to ensure everyone in the hotel enjoys their stay.

If you are ever here and have ANY issues or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the front desk.

We do hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very nice clean hotel, great pool and breakfast, my only issue was our room it was on the ground floor right beside the business center when we first walked in it smelled of smoke which I assume came in from people smoking outside the room windows, we could hear the people stomping around in the room above us until almost 12:30 and then we were woken up at 4:30 to the sounds of cupboard doors slamming shut and pots and pans banging this is when I realized the kitchen to prepare breakfast was right beside our room, tried to call the front desk but my phone didn't work and I really didn't feel like leaving my kids alone in the room at 4:30am to get dressed and go down the hall to complain. When I was checking out they asked about my stay told them of the breakfast noise issue and was told becuase I paid cash they couldn't refund any of my money but would offer me club points~which are totally useless to me since I wasn't a collector of them anyway. So in the end I paid over $130 to sleep for 3--4 hours.

Room Tip: Don't stay beside the business center.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hali10
MeganDel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stellarton - New Glasgow, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Hali10,

I am very happy that you did find the hotel clean and that you enjoyed our amenities. I am sorry that you were in a room that was too loud. This message has been passed along and we will ensure our breakfast bar staff are more quiet especially when we're full and we know someone is in that room.

If you would like to discuss this farther feel free to give me a call.

We hope to see you again soon.

Cape Breton Island, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was the second time both my mother and I had to spend a night here due to unforeseen winter weather. The first time the ladies at reception seemed so concerned that we had traveled in
such extreme weather and couldn't seem to do enough to help , even offering bagels or toast or something from the breakfast kitchen , as there were no take out places open at that time. This most recent stay, two different front desk staff, were equally as friendly and really went out of there way to help us feel welcome, offering water and chocolates upon arrival. Having breakfast, even the lady setting out the food was really chatty and friendly wishing us a safe trip back home, and seeming genuinely concerned. I've traveled the world and its so nice to experience good ol Maritime Hospitality, nothing like it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Love2Travel286
MeganDel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stellarton - New Glasgow, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear lovetotravel286,

Thank you for the lovely comments about your most recent visit at the hotel. We take great pride in providing wonderful service so our guests feel like this is a home away from home especially during unexpected stays.

We hope to see you again sometime soon!

Megan Delaney
Nova Scotia
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Stellarton a few times with my daughter to have a day of play in the pool and on the water slide. The hot tub is nice too! I've stayed at a lot of the Holiday Inn Express locations across the country for work but I like this one the best. The complimentary breakfast is fantastic and the property is new, well maintained and the rooms clean and comfortable. Large bathrooms that are well lit and decently comfortable beds. I've stayed on both the parking lot side and the highway side and haven't been bothered by noise once. The staff is excellent to deal with and because I've been staying there every month for a night since the summer, they have provided me with a great rate when I've asked!!! This really is the only place to stay if you're going to be in the New Glasgow area. No other location is comparable unless you're going to venture up to Halifax. See you again soon, Holiday Inn Express Stellarton!

Room Tip: Although I couldn't hear the traffic on the highway in the rooms facing it, I suppose you could...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MotleyCrue
MeganDel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stellarton - New Glasgow, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear MotleyCrue,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate the feedback guests give us so we know what we are doing well and what we may have to work on. I am glad you enjoyed our facility and hope you get to come back and see us again soon.

Kind Regards,

Megan Delaney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stellarton
Travelodge Suites New Glasgow
#2 of 3 in Pictou
Evening Sail B&B
Evening Sail B&B
#1 of 12 in Pictou

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stellarton - New Glasgow? Share your experiences!