“Absolutely fabulous!”
Review of Cabanas La Luna

Cabanas La Luna
Ranked #12 of 101 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Cabanas La Luna to attend a very dear friend's wedding. We decided to make it into our vacation by staying a few extra days. It was simply wonderful. The nearest airport is Cancun but a shuttle sevice from the resort picked us up. It was about a 90 min drive but it felt much shorter. My jaw dropped when we arrived at our Cabana called Zanzibar. It had an outdoor living room, kitchen, and private pool. Once we settled into our room we went without footwear unless we were dining at their excellent resturant Las Estrellas. We were right on the beach and there are plenty of lounge chairs and hammocks without being tacky. The water was blue green and pleasantly warm. While they had wifi and some cell service I was quickly able to disconnect and completely relax. I can't say enough about the professional very accomodating staff members who would help me in booking a massage at a nearby spa or bring me mojitos and housemade guacamole and chips right to my lounge chair at the beach. I could get use to this lifestyle.
La Luna had scooters as well as bicycles to rent and we decided to take a couple of bicycles to the ruins in Tulum. It took about 45 min to bike there and we stopped in town to do some shopping. The ruins were well worth the trip. A definite must see. I felt very safe riding bike but I noticed that there are no sidewalks or street lights so we would stay in the resort in the evenings for fear of getting hit by a car. The last thing to mention is there is fresh drinking water at each cabana that is refilled daily. However sink and shower water is filtered sea water so it is a little salty. I thought that this would be a problem but it didn't dry my skin at all and my hair is curly so it loves salt water. No problem with showering at all. The rooms were very clean and no bugs because of the netting outside the windows which you don't notice unless you really stare at it and also their is netting around your bed.
I highly recommend Cabanas La Luna. I'm seriously thinking of going back next year or making it an annual vacation spot. -Wendy P.

Room Tip: My friends had rented the whole resort for the wedding and so I got to check out the different rooms...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wendy P
CabanasLaLuna, Manager at Cabanas La Luna, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for your excellent review! We are very glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time and not only during the very beautiful wedding. Thanks to your review we have flashlights and safety jackets from now on to go with the rental bikes. Safety first so thank you!

Hopefully we will see you next year and you can start your tradition of coming back to us on an annual base :-) We are always happy when people fall in love with Cabañas La Luna the way we fell in love with it.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I went to La Luna for a friend's wedding, and it was 5 days of perfection. The wedding party was about 25 people, and we had the entire resort to ourselves. Quite simply, it was beautiful and relaxing, and was one of the nicest places I've ever stayed at. The staff was always nice and accommodating, and everybody basically lived like kings for our entire stay. And on the wedding day itself, they took care of everything; including bringing flutes of champagne down to the beach after the ceremony. I would go back to La Luna in a heartbeat, and I feel safe saying that everyone else there feels exactly the same way that I do. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
CabanasLaLuna, Manager at Cabanas La Luna, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you Andrew for your wonderful review. Our main purpose is to make our guests happy and I am so glad that not only the bride and groom but the whole wedding group was! You were a really nice and relax group to have and I am grateful that you Andrew took the time to write such a nice review about Cabañas La Luna. Looking forward to meet you again!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our daughter and son-in-law were just married there two weeks ago and we were stunned by the beauty of the property and beach. The staff: Iris, Edmonda, Ruben, Kuami, Oscar, Jose and Cesar, were outstanding, helping us the whole week to enjoy ourselves, relax, visit area activities and plan for their special day. There were cooking classes, Mayan ruins nearby, clay massage, scooters, cenote snorkeling and much more. They set up the beach for a lovely afternoon wedding ceremony and made sure everything went perfectly for us. What an amazing treasure of a place! Don't wait, make a reservation now, as they book up quickly!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
CabanasLaLuna, Manager at Cabanas La Luna, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Gingernai, thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that the wedding was such a success. We know weddings can be a stressful time when you are preparing from a distance, so it makes us smile knowing that we successfully kept the stress levels down and provided a relaxing, peaceful environment for such a beautiful event. We hope to welcome you and your family back to La Luna soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My daughter and her new husband just held their wedding at La Luna earlier this month. We had a great time. The staff was very helpful throughout. We enjoyed the cabanas which were right on the water. We could enjoy the sounds of the ocean every night from our bed and the ocean breezes were to die for. All in all - - FANTASTIC!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I went to La Luna as a Photographer for a wedding held there. My clients rented out the entire property and we had one of the most amazing experience at La Luna. Anything we needed the staff would quickly figure out for us. They scheduled massages, made reservations at restaurants, help arrange different activities for us to do on site including yoga and ordering scooters for everyone at the wedding. I've been photographing weddings for almost a decade now, and I have to say that the photos from La Luna are some of the best I've ever taken. They get some of the most gorgeous sunsets I've ever seen and the light just always seems to be perfect there. I would highly recommend La Luna if you are looking for a tropical get away in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Also, the on-site restaurant is amazing, and if you get bored of it, there are TONS of amazing places a short walk away along the beach!

Room Tip: Captain Dale for beach front views and 2 fullsize beds and a king sized bed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Shane G
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Cabanas la Luna from March 4 to 10th and it was absolutely amazing. We travelled with family group of 7 - kids to grandparents and everyone had a great time. This is a small, friendly resort - no "animation" activities with loud blaring music.
We stayed at the Villa Shanti and then moved to the Jungle Penthouse and the Garden Suite for our last night. Villa Shanti is 200m down the beach and is managed by Cabanas la Luna. It's an amazing villa with kitchen, dining and living room. The master suite upstairs is huge (grandma and grandpa got that). There is another bedroom downstairs and a separate cabana next to the villa with another bedroom.
The beach is fabulous - soft white sand and no crowds. Beach loungers for everyone! Nothing to see if you're a snorkeller, but you can take day trips to Xel-Ha or Yal-Ku lagoons if you want to see fish. Or travel up to Akumal Beach and swim with the turtles. Don't forgot to check out the ruins (Coba or Tulum) and go for a swim in a cenote.
Las Estrellas is the restaurant at la Luna and it's possibly the best food you will have in Tulum. The ceviche is top notch, as is the guacamole and fish tacos. The deck overlooks the beach and the swings by the bar were great fun. Continental breakfast of fruit, toast, jam and coffee is included. You can order French Toast (my dad's morning favorite), huevos rancheros, etc if you're hungry. There is a BBQ every Wed with live music.
Cabanas la Luna is an amazing place if you enjoy relaxing on the beach with your toes in the sand and a fresh from the tree coconut (or Corona) in your hand.

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Flower425
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Paradise?!....I don’t know, but it must really be up there. We stayed there for 5 days in Cabana Captain Dale, which is placed approx. 10 meters from the beach.
The water and the beach is in fantastic condition….(seaweed is removed every morning).
The greetings from the staff were great and you could really tell that this was going to be a relaxing and comfortable place. Coming from an Intercontinental hotel to this rustic cabana, was something I had to get used to…however 2 minutes, when I walked on the porch. It was forgotten. What a view!!....
Negative stuff?!….well, as the cabanas are very environmental there is no air-condition…July is probably that month, where it’s really needed. The water in the shower is saltwater…I did not really mind..but my wife complained, that it did some crazy stuff to her hair ?!...anyway, back to the porch.
Seeing the sunrise and sunset with a nice chilled corona (yes, also at sunrise)…was mind-blowing.
The is security around the cabanas during the night, so you can feel safe?!...I don’t know if it’s necessary, as the area seems nice and quiet. But it’s there!
Warning or the opposite: There is a hotel next Cabanas La Luna, where funny things (for some) are happening. Occasionally some nude (old) dudes are swinging about, so if you are worried if your spouse should fell tempted …believe me, she won’t…you might even get good credit!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family