“Best meal in Tulum”
Review of Kitchen Table

Kitchen Table
Ranked #59 of 765 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Description: Kitchen Table is a restaurant located on the jungle side of the Tulum - Boca Paila beach road (km mark 6). A wooden grill, a bar and ice boxes full of local fresh produce are the only ingredients we need to create delicious food and cocktails. We do it because we love it <3
Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

Best dining experience we had in Tulum and super friendly staff. We got a seat close to the kitchen to watch the chefs in action! Everything from the cocktails to the desserts was delicious, we got the lobster and octopus mains. We even got to pick out and name our own lobster! Location out of the center with the restaurant built amongst the trees is a nice change up. Make sure you go to the dessert bar in the back. (Cash only)

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,121)

Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant is absolute perfection!! This is my first ever restaurant review on trip adviser and me and my wife left so happy and content that I knew I had to share this experience.
We heard about kitchen table through random people on a tour of the cenotes that day. They spoke so highly of it, that we knew we must have a look.
When we arrived we were amazed by the atmosphere created by the music and scenery. They do have a few issues with mosquitos but that is to be expected with being amongst the trees and nothing that won’t be fixed with repellant as well as the burning citronella spread around by the staff.
We sat down and ordered our meals under the suggestions of our waiter and we sat there drinking one of the nicest wines I have had to date. We were able to see all of our food prepared right in front of us in an open kitchen and all whilst the staff attended to our every needs. Every meal that came out and was absolute perfection and we could not wipe the smiles off our faces. The octopus was the best I have had to date and I never imagined that octopus could be so tender. The entree quesadilla was so good that my wife ordered desert while I had another one.
Once dinner was over the offered us to sit down in a quiet romantic area, whilst offering a selection of cigars and beautiful and rare tequilas and whiskey which was a really nice touch to our perfect meal.
We really had the best experience and could not have asked for more.
We ate a lot of food and had around 8 drinks between us and the bill came to around 3000 pesos. For a meal like this I expected it to be around 5000 so we tipped 25% and still feel we got away with a bargain. The staff, setting and food were flawless and I recommend anyone to try this amazing restaurant.
A special thanks to the owner or manager who was there and was so accommodating to our every needs. I believe her name was Mariana and she made sure this one a special meal for our honeymoon.

Reviewed June 29, 2019

Amazing dining experience in the jungle. The kitchen (table, ha) is featured front and center in the restaurant, cooking up a storm right in front of your eyes.

Pork belly, Seabass, Esquites
Cocktails: Mayan thunder, Tulsi, Diablito

Reviewed June 25, 2019

The Kitchen Table is first class all around - the food is delicious and original, the service is efficient and friendly, the setting authentic and sustainable. Angie and her team deliver some incredible dishes - Sope, Tempura Prawns, Octopus and Short Rib. All offered incredible combinations using local ingredients and the Chocolate Truffles to finish are also unforgettable. Amazing energy amongst the team and the restaurant runs mainly on solar panels and gas. A truly special place and I would recommend a visit before it gets famous!

Reviewed June 19, 2019 via mobile

This was without a doubt, the best meal we ate in Tulum. It was soo tasty and the portions were generous.
The kitchen is open style so we could see everything going on - it looks like it was running very smoothly with a lot of care and attention which showed in the meals we had.
The staff were really helpful and attentive.
We ate a mushroom and avocado starter, then the chicken and the short rib mains and were impressed with all three dishes!

1  Thank abbeywirth