“We wanted to like this place but sadly, we didn't.”
Review of Kitchen Table

Kitchen Table
Ranked #59 of 765 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Description: Kitchen Table is a restaurant located on the jungle side of the Tulum - Boca Paila beach road (km mark 6). A wooden grill, a bar and ice boxes full of local fresh produce are the only ingredients we need to create delicious food and cocktails. We do it because we love it <3
Reviewed January 24, 2018

My husband and I ate dinner here. The atmosphere is rustic and romantic. The food was just ok. I had ribs which I found bland and a little tough. My husband had pulpo which he found bland and slightly overcooked. We would not eat here again.

1  Thank NewportJen
Write a reviewReviews (1,121)

Reviewed January 24, 2018

A great place to eat. The restaurant is situated in the jungle in the National Park surrounding the ruins. Great ambiance enhanced by the view of the open kitchen cooking facilities. Limited menu but a choice of fish, meat or vegetarian. Beautifully cooked and presented at a nice pace. Limited wine list but adequate. Try the octopus. Take a torch with you as lighting is limited and fails completely from time to time. Curiously we were not bothered by insects so I guess they spray the area frequently. A must try in Tulum.

2  Thank Peter H
Reviewed January 23, 2018

Delicious, fresh, interesting, clean food. Gorgeous atmosphere and enthusiastic staff. Do not miss the Mayan carvings around which the restaurant was built. A dining experience worth a Michelin star.

1  Thank zuberflute
Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

This amazing place is tucked up in the jungle of Tulum. The food is prepared on open flames in front of you, which is a beyond exceptional experience. If you ever seen the show Chef’s Table on Netflix, the experience here feels like you are apart of the show. Our service was top notch and friendly. We loved everything about this place - from the cocktails, to the catch of the day to the best octopus we’ve ever had. We could not speak more highly of our meal here.

2  Thank TravelRyan
Reviewed January 19, 2018

I went here on a first date a few weeks ago, and I had a wonderful experience. The atmosphere is incredible. It in the jungle and absolutely breathtaking. The service was fantastic. I had a very spicy cocktail! For fans of the three chill pepper menu option, this is a win. I can not say enough about the food! 10/10. The wonderful company I had was only complimented by this beautiful romantic restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2017