“Nice snorkeling”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Nice snorkeling”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We went on a snorkeling trip to Akumal and to cenote Dos Ojos. Ricardo is quite a caracter and I can understand how he might not be to everybody's taste, but we actually had a great time with him. He showed us around Tulum and shared all kinds of stories about politics, the Mayas and the region. We got to see the turtles in Akumal, they were amazing. Don't expect much more of other sea life though because the reef is far away. Also don't go on a weekend, the beach gets super crowded!
Dos ojos was great, the Bat Cave astonishingly quiet and scary, but beautiful. Both diving and snorkeling in cenotes is a must do on Yucatan, very special experience

Visited May 2013

portland, oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“very unprofessional”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Firstly, the equipment was in terrible condition - wetsuits were in tatters, very leaky regulators and BCDs. Some wear in tear is normal for rental equipment, but the equipment at Kay-Op should have been replaced a long time ago. On the 40m deep dive to Angelita, one of the other divers on the trip had to cancel his dive because his tank was leaking heavily at the surface. The guide told him that it was not his responsibility to check the equipment, and that the shop was responsible.

I would not be writing a bad review if it were not for the next experience... My friend was getting her certification through this shop, and on the last day our guide Govinda did not show up to give the test. We ended up wasting an entire morning waiting around for him, and then had to cancel our evening plans to come back again in the evening. We were informed by the shop staff that it is not their responsibility as the instructors are freelancers. Furthermore, they told me that the Govinda was the worst dive instructor in Tulum, and that the shop owner knows this but doesn't want to do anything about it. I found this to be extremely irresponsible and unprofessional. Why would you knowingly employ someone you knew was irresponsible? When I asked to speak with the manager, they gave me the runaround and told me that he was unreachable.

This shop is run by a bunch of cowboys with unprofessional attitudes and no regard for the safety of its customers. I wish I had done the research before going with them. Also, the prices are as high if not higher than other places in Tulum and Playa del Carmen.

Visited February 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Awesome experience!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I completed my Open Water Diver course with Calina, she is great and i really enjoyed it! Carlos is also very nice. It was a great experience and i miss my days in Tulum so much!!!

Visited February 2013
Montreal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time!!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I did snorkeling in dos ojos cenote with the nice guys of Kay-op! I had a great time. They are really friendly and professional. Dos Ojos was great!!! Abrazos a Carlos y Cesar!!!

Visited October 2011
Mexicali, Mexico
“AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

i went diving with kay Op two dives in the amazing reef and two dives in dos ojos it was so great i really like the beautifull cenotes the service was very good and our guide very know perfectly al around that was so fun and unique experience i going back next year for sure to do some other cenote daving thankyou guys from kay op for the awesome dives

Visited May 2012