“Would never dive with them again!”
Review of Kay-Op Divers

Kay-Op Divers
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I really regret not reading some of these other reviews before diving with Kay-Op divers. Do not dive with this company. The equipment really old and scruffy, and the guide we had was obviously so bored of his job that he did some extremely inappropriate things under water which I'm not allowed to post here. (Females: do not dive with him) Stay away. There are plenty of other dive operators in Tulum.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We took a trip to Dos Ojos cenotes with Kay Op and had an absolutely marvelous time. Our guide, Sebastian, was friendly, professional, obliging, and very knowledgeable. He was very conscientious about our safety, and about ensuring that we were having a good time throughout. I'd recommend him to anyone at any level of snorkelling experience. I realized once we returned to Canada that we forgot to tip him, so I hope this glowing recommendation will suffice (though he'd get it whether or not I'd forgotten to tip).

The snorkelling experience was really quite special. Though I've spent lots of time snorkelling, I've never been in cenotes before, and Dos Ojos was a great mixture of comfort and challenge. It's also absolutely gorgeous.

I only take marks off Kay Op because some of the wetsuits were a bit threadbare. I know they get heavy use through the year, and they were still serviceable, but it's time to for some new ones.

1  Thank kerux
Reviewed August 18, 2011

First at all they have a very old tanks,the equipment its very old and some of the guides were drunk when we went to the shop in the evening.Asking around other shops around he city they told us many guides of kay op are not in teaching status and they ara notreally cave divers....sorry but for me are many options in the city to choose them

Reviewed June 27, 2011

We found Kay-Op by chance while walking down the street, and the friendly manager came out to say hello. A cenote dive was on my list for the trip, and my boyfriend doesn't dive, but wanted to snorkel. We each got a 1-on-1 personal tour at Dos Ojos cenote. My dive master was Luis, who did a great job of explaining everything for my first cenote dive. My only complaint was that I got very cold, so would have appreciated a thicker wetsuit and/or a hood. Ricardo took my boyfriend on a snorkel tour, and he had a great time too, except he bumped his head on a rock (you have to watch out in cenotes, there are rocks sticking out where you don't expect them!). The dive was spectacular, with the silouhettes of the rocks showing as clear blue light reached in from the openings. At one point there was no light and we turned off our lights--it was the quietest most peaceful moment ever! I had a good experience with this dive shop.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

The highlight of my recent trip to Tulum was snorkelling in the cenotes at Dos Ojos. We had a large group and decided to go with Kay-Op Divers. They were obliging and helpful, and the tour guides were fantastic. They provided all transportation and equipment, we just had to show up and enjoy the cenotes! Damian was our organiser and he was very helpful.