All reviews real coconut yoga studio beach side outdoor bath jungle pool healthy menu yoga center yoga experience sound healing yoga classes in the morning green juice healthy eating onsite restaurant heart and soul partial view jungle suite luxury resort
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

My first trip to Mexico and I had no clue what to expect. My friend booked everything which was difficult for a control freak like me to deal with, but I am so glad she did! From beginning to end our trip was amazing in every way. A gorgeous little boutique hotel right on the beach. So much smaller than most resorts and hotels in the area meant that it really felt like a home from home. Daily yoga, amazing fresh healthy food and attentive friendly staff all lead to the most relaxing holiday I've had in years.

Points to note
- 2 types of room, jungle or beach, I would spring for the beach as the views are incredible and the jungle room are across the road with a little pool
- yoga is 20 USD per class extra or you can buy a 5 class pass for 80 USD
- the real coconut is pricey (although not compared to london prices) but worth it! Service is a little slow but nothing major
- rooms are individual and kept super clean but lovely staff
- the hotel is a short walk via the beach or road from lots of gorgeous little boutiques and restaurants (again they are pricey. Think 250 USD for a swimsuit/bikini)
- the hotel has a spa/wellness centre with a roof top chill out area which has stunning views well worth a look!

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to book again!!!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank NadineMc22
Sanara T, Owner at Sanara Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2017

Nadine
Thank you for your words. Daniella and I came out to Tulum from London a few years ago and couldn't leave ! So we built Sanara and we're crazy enough to put a yoga studio right on the beach to honor the amazing practitioners who choose to live and work here .....and then there is The Real Coconut and again we gave it prime beach location ... one day soon we will bring the restaurant to London ... it was so great you could experience what you did and we look forward to your return. Cx

Reviewed March 9, 2017

Just back from a 10-night stay at Sanara and feeling really energised and refreshed. The hotel was pretty much perfect in every way and definitely met our expectations. It's an intimate hotel with all the facilities a stone's throw of your room. We chose a beachside villa located just behind the hotel's restaurant, The Coconut Bar, and across from the yoga studio. It was absolutely wonderful being able to roll out of bed and pad over the sand for yoga at 8.30am. The views of the ocean in the yoga studio are simply stunning, and the classes (I did seven during my stay) are varied and of a high standard. The Coconut Bar serves delicious, healthy food, especially for breakfast. I became addicted to the Vanilla Almond Bliss smoothie and because it was dairy-free, I managed to convince myself it was almost calorie free too!! There's also a spa and I enjoyed a 90-minute deep tissue massage. It was good, but not outstanding, and for the price you can probably do better elsewhere. The beach is great and a sun lounger is automatically reserved for you so you never have to worry that by the time you get there, they will all be taken - what an excellent idea! A couple of niggles.....it can be quite noisy in the evenings so bring ear plugs if that sort of thing bothers you. And I'm afraid to say we had $500 usd stolen from the safe in our room which we forgot to lock one morning. Not the sort of thing we expected to happen in a hotel of this class. However, after a few nudges, management eventually did the right thing and deducted our bill accordingly. They claimed this was the first time this had ever happened since they opened three years ago, but we didn't believe them. Anyway, just be on your guard. However, even this incident wasn't enough to take the shine off Sanara which was absolutely wonderful.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie R
Sanara T, Owner at Sanara Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

Stephanie
Thank you for your heartfelt and lovely review of your 10 days with us . When you gift yourself such a length of visit as you did , then you can sense deeply the experience you received and I appreciate greatly how you care in the review you have given. The studio is indeed stunning and we are so delighted that it has attracted both amazing teachers and ofcourse guests. When we designed it we wanted no columns or energy distruptions and as you say it is as if you are dancing on the waters edge in a stunning space, The Real Coconut made us all addicts of the Smoothies and in fact everything Daniella and her teams created. Maybe we will have a restaurant in the U.K. soon. We open in Los Angeles by the Fall.
Yes it was a strange circumstance with an element of your cash going missing . The staff sent me a report and it is in fact the second time we have a report in the 3 years of the hotel. We have very very strict protocols including one of our security personnel entering a room and doing a sweep of belongings prior to our maids ( who have all been with us since we open and we love them each dearly) . I am just glad all worked out well for you.

The fact that this incident occurred and yet you choose to give Sanara a 5 star rating can only suggest to me how wonderful you are and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you Charlie

Reviewed March 8, 2017

Great little cozy expensive hotel in Tulum. Very calm, great beach, and good service. Watch out for doormans, they have some sort of "deal" with local Taxis. One guy had me waiting 40 mins for a cab that never came. I was not very happy. Did not have a problem with Taxis.
Food at the Hotel is focused on the vegan, healthy side, making it hard to feed kids. Everything tastes different and kids aren't cool with that.

Beach in front of the hotel is awesome and the hotel structure is spectacular. No pool by the beach which was a negative for family.

So basically, this is a great spot. Maybe not so much for family with young kids.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2017

When I read the reviews and checked out the Sanara website before booking it seemed like a beautiful place to stay...I can honestly say having just returned from 3 nights there it was by far one of the best places we have ever stayed. Cool towels and welcome cocktail from a most accommodating staff at check in....a beachside lower suite (with private back patio having both a hammock and outdoor claw foot tub to soak in at the end of the day)....the room itself was done with great style and the bed was heaven with lots of pillows and soft Italian sheets. We did not go wanting for anything during our stay.
The yoga studio is truly breathtaking....The Real Coconut (on the beach) has healthy and really delicious food...full bar...best pancakes for breakfast, delicious lunch served to us by beach staff on our beach mattresses overlooking one of the most beautiful beaches and blue warm water. Manuel and Mariana at the front desk were incredibly friendly and helpful our entire stay. Angel our beach attendant could not have been better. We will definitely be back!!

Room tip: Beachside rooms are amazing...we did check out the garden suites and they were very nice as well.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

Did the 10:15 yoga with Alessandra with my husband. The experience which was magical in the sliding glass-door studio overlooking the glistening ocean with the sound of the waves rolling in. The last 15 minutes of shavasana was accompanied by alessandra playing 5 different gongs to aid in relaxation. Would definitely go back!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple