“Learn Open Water Scuba Diving with Marco in Cenotes”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Halocline Diving - CLOSED

Halocline Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: With more than 14 years of diving and teaching experience we provide an excellent, professional and personalized service for our customers. We teach all levels of dive courses from beginner to full cave diver and take you safely diving or snorkeling in the ocean, cenotes or caves. We also provide a professional service for dive equipment maintenance and have the widest range of dive and snorkel equipment for sale or rent.
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Learn Open Water Scuba Diving with Marco in Cenotes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

The purpose of my trip was to complete scuba diving training for Open Water. I was new to scuba diving, while my friend had tens of dives. September is a low (better be called dead) season in Tulum. We showed up with my friend on the evening before the first day of the diving class. Marko is a really nice person and very patient and thorough instructor. He scheduled our three days (all we could spend in Tulum) for our dives and training in Cenotes in a way that I'd have a chance to do some dives with my friend, which is very uncommon. Besides Marko, I also had very good experience with another instructor Chino. I never felt pressured and could get a lot of personal attention since I was trained alone. I was able to get my Open Water license in time: did my dives, tests, watched many videos. Marko is a great teacher! I hope to return to Tulum and dive more Cenotes. Definitely with Marko.
Prices: Very competitive! Given the quality of service - this is an outstanding deal. We paid in cash as this is a small business in Mexico. They will accept credit cards, USD, Euros, you name it - very flexible people.
Beyond diving: good advices on local food and drinks, places to go and equally important places NOT to go :)
Location: Halocline diving is located in a very safe place in town.
When things go wrong: People (including instructors) get sick - that's a reality. Marko is very dedicated and was able to modify our training schedule/get other instructors even in case when my instructor got sick - this was a matter of whether I'd get my license or not since my stay in Tulum was limited. Marko can certainly go extra mile for his customers.
Emergency: We already left Halocline diving, when realized that we lost a checking card and could not get cash exchanged in the local bank (strict requirements). We returned to the shop and got help from Marko again. This is important when you are in a foreign country and counts for something.
Competitors: to my knowledge there are twelve more diving shops in Tulum. We never had to look back for any other place as we were confident in Marko.
Personnel: The people are very experienced, responsible and professional. All people I met had many (10+) years of diving experience.
Cenotes: Well, that's one of the best experiences of my life. Nothing more to add. You just have to do it for yourself.
Discounts: we were able to get a small discount, b/c there were two of us.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Eduard_Chekmenev

Miami Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Confident guides, fun trip to Dos Ojos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

We had a nice time chatting with Marco and Chino et al. They described the experience of cenote diving and gave us great information regarding the local diving opportunities. The dive was completely unique and we had a ton of fun. Everything went very smoothly and we would certainly dive with Halocline again.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank bobinmb
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cenote Diving - a must for anyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

Dived cenotes Dos Ojos, Angelita and Calavera in July 11. Also dived in Akumal. What a fantastic experience! The professionalism and love for what they're doing set the guys from Halocline apart from other outfits we've dived with before. Because we booked a number of dives over three days we got a really good deal even though there were only two of us. Chino and Kay...thanks for a great time!

Visited July 2011
3 Thank Lars B
San Francisco, CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Cenote diving with professional service and quality equipment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

Two tank dives at Dos Ojos with Marco was a fantastic experience and highly recommend! Echo the sentiments of other reviewers - really professional, good equipment, took me although I was solo. Felt confident that I was in good hands all along.

3 Thank JCinSF
“Amazing diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

Diving in Angelita and Calavera was absolutely terrific! Extreamely kind and professional staff. Top place for everyone, a must for any italian diving in Tulum

3 Thank F3de