“Go in the afternoon”

Cenote Triple Adventure Tour in Tulum
Ranked #6 of 89 things to do in Tulum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Grand Cenote has 140 square meter for swimming, there is one big cave, a cavern and 100 square of wooden platforms where you can walk, chill with the nature and take pictures .
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Really cool cenote, not too many people in the afternoon. I didn't do any cave diving but that has more to do with my fear of drowning in a dark cave where no one would ever be able to find me. I would imagine it's pretty great if you're braver than I am.

2  Thank DBonelli
Write a ReviewReviews (3,019)
All reviews
in 1,041 reviews
"coba"
in 103 reviews

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Small area for snorkelling but would be incredible I believe for scuba diving. After snorkelling in one area, I stopped to stand in a cave area to look around. Incredible natural environment. As I looked up I could see many eyes staring back at me. Bats! I'm a city girl so that was a new experience. The overall snorkelling area wasn't very big. After seeing the bats my sense of adventure diminished. I didn't try holding onto the rope that led into the darkness of a cave. There were not a lot of fish to look at. I was uncertain if those were rocks or a build up of gwana at the bottom.... But it was nice to go snorkelling somewhere other than the ocean.

2  Thank Lenabee
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was our favourite cenote in Mexico. We went mid afternoon and it wasn't too busy. It's also very clean and visibility is good if you bring a snorkel. It's safe too - some of the others we saw had precarious steps etc but this one felt secure. It's an incredible underwater maze where you can swim with turtles and tiny fish. If you're going to visit one cenote in Yucatan - I'd go to this one.

3  Thank evejackson
Reviewed April 5, 2013

we came in the afternoon after seeing the tulum ruins. this is a very large cenote, with multiple areas to swim in. try to get here a little early in the morning like before 10am. since we came in the early afternoon the place was somewhat crowded and people were doing cannon balls into the water which is obnoxious because you come here to snorkel and we only saw two fish due to others constantly splashing in the water. we did get some pretty pictures though. please don't splash the water like a drowning person so everyone can enjoy and snorkel comfortably.