“The best Tulum hotel-zone restaurant, period.”

Taqueria La Eufemia
Ranked #24 of 434 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Authentic Mexican style taqueria in front Tulum's beautiful beach. Our politics: If you speak Maya or you are a local celebrity, you get a discount of 20%. Our slogan: Sit down, relax and eat some f'ing tacos...! We have food for everybody.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Okay, okay, it depends on who you are and what you like, but in the five days I was in Tulum with my family, we fell so in love with Taqueria La Eufemia's fish tacos (they have others too, but the fish tacos are screaming, piled high with pickled onions, cabbage, and spicy, creamy sauce slathered over battered white fish) AND music selection AND service AND reasonable prices AND lack of pretention -- I mean, like real people work here and own it, and they're super awesome and nice at that -- that we ate here like six or seven times. I recommend their freshly squeezed watermelon juice and also their pina coladas. The more you go back, the more addictive this place becomes. After eating, sit and take in the music; it's always a great mix.

If this were in my hometown, I'd probably eat here daily.

5  Thank Aqusite

Reviewed May 31, 2014

This amazing cool Restaurant bar offer the best Tacos you can get in Tulum. Great music and love the chairs with famous singers. I would go every day but I live in New York :(

2  Thank Alberto L
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My lady friends and I recently traveled to Tulum. We ended up at La Eufemia because some boozy lady on the beach told us that we had to try the tacos there. La Eufemia became our local hang-out spot in no time....we would send our days at the beach and then meander up to the taco stand, and proceed to eat, drink, and be merry until they kicked us out every night. The staff was great, super lovely, the tacos were tasty and well-prepared, and we met tons of new friends there which I am sure we will still be in touch for a while to come. It's a great spot....a great vibe, and truly a great place to just chill out and let yourself be on vacation. Next time I am in Tulum, one of my first meals will probably be there...

1  Thank JBS77
Reviewed May 8, 2014

It is very hard to find a place like this one on the beach of tulum, simply the best service and the best food on a wonderful location..you have to try all of the different tacos they offer because they are all delicious. The owner of this place takes great dedication on what he does. Not only does he offer great food at a reasonable price but also offers maya weddings, real weddings and pretend weddings :) pretty cool concept and very original... And they always stick to their professionalism and low prices... Will never forget this place still brings me a smile and the sensation of going back sometime. Two thumbs way up.

2  Thank Malich2014
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Beautiful location and style of the restaurant, friendly people, and the best tacos of the beach. They also have the local produced bear Akumal which you have to try. The folkband Taluna played beautiful gypsy-/folkmusic every evening. And don' t miss Eufemia her self.. She is an extraordinary dog. This is the place you go if you want to relax, talk to great people, and have delicious bear and food. Ps! You have to try the fishtaco and the porkskin-taco..yummy :)

1  Thank Mariesynnove