Amelie Tulum
$499
Piedra Escondida(Tulum)
$182
Travelocity
La Posada Del Sol(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$250
Hotels.com
$609
$340
Travelocity
Posada Luna del Sur(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$90
Uolis Nah(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$44
Hotel Diamante K(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$184
$153
  • Beachfront
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were originally booked to stay at Eco Cabanas My Tulum however due to a double booking, the owner at Eco Cabanas offered to put us up at the Parayso Hotel which was next door. Although a little apprehensive due to the less than stellar reviews, we decided to give Parayso a chance and we are glad we did.

Graham and the staff at the hotel were AMAZING! They were always helpful with directions, recommendations or just good conversation by the pool.

Although our room was pretty basic, it was very large, it was cleaned daily with fresh towels, the bed was comfortable and came with mosquito nets and a fan. The location of this hotel on possibly the best beach in the world limited our time in the room considerably.

As mentioned the staff was great, the location was great, the rooms were definitely adequate which made for a great trip for my and my wife Jen.

I would recommend this hotel to friends and would come back.

Thanks Parayso for a great stay!

Room Tip: Grab a room facing the ocean, it will help keep the room a little cooler at night. The rooms at the front of the hotel are pretty close to Heartwood and the main road, so things can be a bit loud at night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank arkay
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Great simple accommodations, very friendly & helpful staff, super beach location & being right on the ocean, you fall asleep to the waves and wake up happy .... to a beautiful sunrise. Room was clean and the balcony a good size, right on the beach... It was a lovely time...I for sure will go back. Very nice place. Thanks Aldo

Room Tip: Stayed in a rooms facing the ocean ... Was wonderful, was the best!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel room was nice, very dark which was great to sleep. Comfortable bed and clean overall. The bathroom was a decent size to get ready. The pool is a lot smaller than on the website which I found funny but overall a good stay. Great location to go out on 5th Avenue and to the bus station.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at Parayso Hotel during the 4th week April and was overall pleasantly surprised with my experience. From the posts I had read I was a little concerned but during my stay I could see this nice hotel was in the process of remodeling and making improvements. There was some confusion at first because posters had mentioned free breakfast but there wasn't one when I stayed. The outdoor kitchen turned out to be temporary while the staff continued to work to open the beach bar again and to make other changes for the better. I liked my room because it was clean, large, had a king size bed, large balcony, no mosquito netting, which I had become tired of from previous places I had stayed during April, and I had a beautiful view of the Caribbean. Part of the room looks like it was built to be a kitchen so hopefully that is in the remodeling plans. The fan in my room was small and didn't work very well and I was promptly given a larger fan and along with the ocean breeze I didn't get too hot. The pool was clean most of the time except when it rained. There was very little pool furniture but things were being moved around and worked on everyday. Noise was never a problem through this process. I would have liked to see cushions on the beach lounge chairs since they were uncomfortable without them. Although I missed the beach and pool bar being open I had a nice stay with a beautiful beach, large room and nice staff.

Room Tip: Great breeze and quiet with the ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I are on our honeymoon in Tulum and wanted to extend our trip for a day. It's high season and most places are sold out but we managed to find Parayso with a vacancy on Kayak. First and foremost, in a place like this, I'll never rely on the Internet again. That was MY fault. However, when we arrived to check in, we approached what looked like a child's lemonade stand (the front desk) and found 2 men manning it. One never looked up from his computer. The other said he didn't have the reservation and had no rooms and then proceeded to talk to a third man with no other communication. I asked for help, got a blank stare, and then back to talking to his friend. I asked to use a phone that I could call locally with since they'd clearly screwed up and he said he didn't have a phone and then went back to ignoring me and talking to his friend. There was an iPhone and a Motorola sitting right on the counter, which I pointed out. He said again that they didn't have a phone. You can imagine how disconcerting it is to not have a place to stay for the night and no flight until late the next day. The indifference and out and out rudeness of this place has led to my writing a negative review for the first time in my life. Save yourself the irritation and go to Cabanas Tulum or Los Lirios as they know how to treat their customers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Jeff G
Paraysohotel, Manager at Amelie Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Jeff G,
Thank you for your review, we do take your opinion and comments seriously as this helps us to improve on our services. Our hotel is located in one of the most beautiful eco locations in the entire world and when i say eco i really mean eco, we have solar panels, wind turbine, and a wonderful outdoor pool and beach with cute fun visitors like iguanas, sea turtles etc., our reception is made with local materials wooden frame and floors and thatched roof, if this is not up to your expectations we are sorry to hear that, we will do our best to improve our welcoming area respecting our environment and our cute fun friends from the jungle and ocean.
How ever it would be nice if in the future you give us the opportunity to serve you better.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review.
Greetings from ParaYso Hotel and Staff