If there was a -5 rating, they would get it ! This place is so bad, that it really should closed. Here's just a sampling of the problems and "false-advertising" from their website:
1. The pool in the front of the building is so murky, that you can;t see 6 inches into it. It is also full of sand, as it is used by everyone to rinse their feet after leaving the beach (partially due to the fact that the water spout provided to rinse your feet only has scalding hot water coming out of it).
2, There is major room construction going on, with constant hammering, sawing and drilling. (no mention of this anywhere by anyone).
3. The room....one thin bedsheet and a blanket in the closet that is unusable since it was "damp"....no mosquito net as pictured on website...hair all over the floor in the room...
4. The bathroom....OMG...broken toilet seat...half a roll of toilet paper provided....NO HOT WATER (it is all in the spout by the pool !)...cold water that is so salty that the soap doesn't even lather and it burns your skin...
5. 24 hour electricity provided by a "green wind turbine" that is shut off sometime around 10pm, so the fan that is provided can not be used at night (not can the fan we brought ourselves !). So, when we decided to sleep with the balcony doors open to get some sort of breeze, we were attacked by mosquitos.... see comment # 3....I say no more !
6. The beach....pristine beach shown on the website must be another resort. There was trash and dirty dishes and cups strewn around the small beach area. The two chairs that were left (at 11 am) were both broken and we had to lean them up against a palapa to be able to sit upright.
7. Pool bar that has "happy hour" starting at 2 pm and serves margaritas that can't be more than 4 oz. for $8 USD !
8. Advertised WIFI is literally only available at a 6 ft space next to the "reception" desk. The only WIFI signal in the room (50 feet away) was from the resort next door !
This place is a disaster. There are NUMEROUS other MUCH nicer places along the beach road in Tulum.
So, after a long dinner with friends, we were forced to drive an hour back home at 2 am to get a good night's sleep !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Small Hotel with ocean front views,garden views, restaurant, bar and common area. Large pool, best beach and location. 24 Rooms. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Parayso Hotel Tulum
- Parayso Resort Tulum