“Skimmed my credit card...”
Review of Cesiak Tours

Cesiak Tours
Ranked #57 of 99 Tours in Tulum
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Skimmed my credit card...”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

While the tour itself was enjoyable, I got news from my bank today (~2 weeks later) that a credit card I had only used exactly once on my Mexico trip (to pay for the tour at Cesiak) was being used to run up US$1200+ in charges in Mexico. Since I did not remove it from my wallet at any other time, and no-one else had access to my wallet at any time, I'm quite sure they skimmed my card here. One of the tour guides charged my card in the upstairs office, and I hate to think that someone at an organization like Cesiak would do something like this. Horrible.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Kunal-Ghevaria

San Francisco, California
“CESiaK Kayak Tour with Dinner, don't eat it!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I went on the afternoon kayak tour which included dinner at the CESiaK restaurant. We enjoyed the Kayak tour. You will see beautiful birds with a knowledgeable guide. It can get physically tiring, especially when the wind is blowing. However, don't eat the dinner (or lunch, if you take the morning tour). Within one hour of eating the "fresh" fish dinner both my wife and I were throwing up. My wife spent one day in bed. We could barely eat anything for days. It took both of us 6 days to fully recover.

Visited November 2012
San Francisco, California
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 339 helpful votes
“Great preserve and amazing staff!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I wanted to say thank you to Cesiak gor the amazing tour! Our guide Miguel was absolutely fantastic: passionate, knowledgable, intellegent and patient! Everybody from the office to the kitchen staff at the preserve was nice and professional. We chose Canal tour and loved it. Miguel picked us up at the appointed time at our hotel, it was total of six people in the tour, so felt very personable, and was with us the entire time. We enjoyed everything from the boat ride inside the preserve, to the canal float, to the lunch and the Cesiak camp site. The preserve is beautiful, you get a chance to see the vegetation and the birds. We got lucky and saw a huge crocodile as well, who was ,according to Miguel , around sixty y. o. He was swimming with the boat for a while, on my side, and kind of freaked me out, but it was nice of him to come to say hi to us!) the area where lagoon meets the sea is unique looking, the mangrove is gorgeous and they provide water and fruits., and coffee and tea in the morning. The whole experience was enjoyable and relaxing! I just wish we spend more time there, and the boat was not so fast! Other than that i could not have asked for more! Thank you Miguel! Btw, the guy has degree in biology, which i appreciated and knew a lot! Bring some cash to tip your guide , they deserve it!

6 Thank 209Elena
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“A favorite of our family trip”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We took the canal tour with my 70 year old mom and 2 kids (age 12 &9). It was great. The ride was bumpy but short- maybe 15-20 minutes. Our guide, Miguel, was a biologist who was very knowledgeable. He had bird, butterfly, mammal identification guides for us to look at. The boat ride was fun especially for the kids. the hike was on a level boardwalk and with a lot of plants, snails, dragonflies, and fish to see. The ruins were small but cool to see. My mom who can't swim loved the canal float with a life preserver and mostly with areas where you could touch the bottom if you wanted. take a snorkel, their are some fish (though not colorful) to see. the water is so pure and tastes sweet. The mangroves are beautiful. They provide snacks and even though they said to pack water, we didn't use any of ours as they had water on the boat as well as a refreshing cool hibiscus tea with lunch. We didn't need bug spray but I did get one fly bite just before jumping into the water. The view from the cesiak center/lodge of the fresh water lagoon on one side and the ocean on the other was great. We had fun and I wish it was closer to the port when we return on our cruise this december and stop in costa maya. i think anyone who loves nature should do this tour. It's cheaper than the other vendors if staying in the Tulum area and the money goes to the conservation work that Cesiak does.

Visited August 2012
Tulum, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Incredible Canal Tour - MUST DO!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I've heard many things about this tour and finally made the time to go a couple of days ago. The canal tour exceeded my expectations on every level. From the moment you are picked up to the second you are dropped off, your guide is with you. We were fortunate enough to have Hugo, who is extremely knowledgeable of the biosphere's diverse wildlife and runs a very organized tour. Here's what you can expect:

- Breathtaking, relaxing, intimate motorboat tour of the canals
- The experience of a 4 km boardwalk in the middle of nowhere
- Hidden ruins
- Blissful floating down a natural channel for an hour
- Delicious, fresh fruit and water available constantly
- Gourmet fish filet with cilantro

Service at every part of the tour was 5 out of 5. We appreciated (and proved it with a tip, of course) everyone's effort from the Captain, to our guide, as well as the kitchen staff. Geovannina, CESiaK's Director is fantastic and very interested in how we were enjoying our tour. You can tell the staff has worked together for some time, the synergy they create is impressive. Ana at the desk is a charm and Lydia who handles the reservations was extremely pleasant and helpful.

They could charge twice the price and it would still be a bargain. Thank you for the experience, Team CESiaK, I will tell all I encounter about your tour!

Also, to the previous review from Sergei, if you're reading this, you said, "..the tour was amazing.." yet you apply 1 star over your personal opinion on a management issue - do you not realize that your review of 1 star just hurt everybody there? Perhaps an email to management would've been more appropriate?

Visited August 2012