“Expensive but good tour” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cesiak Tours
Ranked #52 of 93 Tours in Tulum
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Expensive but good tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

We took the float down the river tour which was very nice on a hot day--they take you into sian kaan to the beautiful cesiak office (but beware the road is very bumpy because the government cut back on renovating the dirt road and the jeep tours destroy it daily) and give you an overview of the trip--then you go out on a boat and see mangroves and wetlands and wildlife. They drop you off at a path where you walk over the mangroves and see more wildlife, check out the little mayan ruin, then float down the river back to the boat. On the way we saw a basilisk, a couple of egrets, little crocodiles, blue crabs, and a bunch of different birds. When you get back to the center they cook you an awesome meal (go for the grouper) before taking you back. $78 not including tips but pretty great experience.

Visited June 2012

Detroit, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good activity and a good cause”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

We took the afternoon kayak tour of the lagoons in the sian ka'an biosphere and were very glad we did. Jorge was our guide with Edwin and they could not have been more relaxed and kind but also extremely knowledgable and hospitable. It is a bit of a workout but nothing too strenuous and you will need sunscreen and appropriate clothing as you are in the sun the whole time. They served a fabulous dinner after the tour and filled in more info with an informal slide show during dinner. We all felt like the experience was enlightening and important to the area.

Visited April 2012
Clinton, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Beautiful and relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I took three tours with CEsiak: the morning kayak tour, the morning canal tour, and the afternoon kayak tour. All three excursions were highlights of my trip. The birdlife was stunning, the colors mesmerizing, and the pace relaxing. My guides, Ben and Fernando, were excellent, intelligent, informative and very professional. I learned about the natural history and significance of this important biosphere and about the need to preserve it for longevity of future species. The kayak paddling was invigorating, and I loved the close access to the wild nests and being able to see the birds in their homes. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2012
Colombia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Breathtaking Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We went to Sian Ka'an through Cesiak tours and it was an unbelievable place. The laggons are sooo beautiful and we also had the chance to float in the Mayan Canal!! what an amazing experience. The reserve is very well preserved, the people (as it was my experience with most mexicans) are super friendly, very customer oriented and will gladly help you with whatever you need. I will most definitely return to Sian Ka'an in my next visit to Tulum :)

Visited April 2012
Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

We took the kayak tour and it was fabulous. Our guide, Hugo, was knowledgeable and friendly. During the course of the tour we saw many different types of birds as well as stingrays and other lagoon wildlife. I took my 11-year old son and he really enjoyed it, though the rowing was beginning to tire him out at the end. I would definitely recommend this to families with kids 10+ - any younger and they won't be able to handle the paddling.

At the end of the tour, we had a nice fish dinner, which was a nice great to finish the day.

Visited February 2012