“Amazing Diving Amazing People”
Review of Maya Diving Center

Maya Diving Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Maya Diving, a PADI Five Star Gold Palm Dive Center, has two locations to serve you, Downtown Tulum on the main street and inside Dreams Tulum Resort. Try our superb diving and snorkeling trips to local reefs and Cenotes with our experienced guides. We offer all levels of dive courses and are the only shop in the area using a pool for all confined water training dives. Experience the difference our professional team can make.
Airdrie, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing Diving Amazing People”
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I really enjoyed diving with Maya Diving. The crew is awesome. It was my fist time diving in the ocean and Deon (open water instructor) made me feel comfortable and safe the whole time. The cenotes are amazing, a Must See!
I forgot my camera at the facility. The crew found it and Deon and Halle brought it to my hotel which was 20 minutes away! You don't often run in to people like that, Thanks everybody.

Visited January 2011
3 Thank JarvisRoss

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome diving in Tulum!”
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I have just spent a week in Tulum and chose Maya Diving to go diving with. They were really helpful in answering any questions I had and especially working out a schedule that suited me. There was a certified guide on every boat, conote or snorkelling trip. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable about all the sites and diving the cenotes for the first time was amazing. They usually only take a maximum of 4 people per guide so I liked the fact that it was a small group. Thanks to Deon and Halle and the rest of the staff at Maya Diving!

3 Thank scubachick_10
Fresno, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome Diving with Maya Diving Tulum Mexico”
Reviewed November 3, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed the personal attention and the diving experience with Maya Diving October 4th and 6th, 2010. Having gone diving with other operators in the Playa Del Carmen area and on Cozumel, we found the dive staff/guides Deon & Halle and support staff Enrique and Eduardo to be most friendly and accomplished, and more importantly that they followed proper diving safety procedures. My wife and I have enjoyed diving in the area and over the years and have encountered many great under sea world creatures of the Caribbean. This year during our diving at Dreams Tulum with Maya Diving, we dove at Tankah where we encountered the “mirror” fish (silversides). Millions of small 2 inch silvery fish swam liquidly around and through the coral swim-throughs, always with predators like Ceros cruising at their perimeter. At times, we swam with silver clouds of these little fish completely surrounding us, inches from our bodies yet we could never touch a single one of them. As we swam under coral ledges, the streams of mirror fish would either pour by us as if they were a stream of underwater mercury or would engulf us to the point where you could not see a foot. Awesome experience! Would we go back….in a heartbeat!!!! We found the water temperature in October for diving to be very comfortable and no wetsuit is necessary. Maya Diving is located on the beach front at the Dreams Tulum all inclusive resort. Dreams Tulum is an A+ resort in our book. We have traveled to many other all inclusives around the Caribbean including numerous Sandals, Club Med, Palladium and Iberostar. Dreams Tulum is not to big nor too small. The beachfront is white fine sand that streaches a half mile either direction before you enounter another resort. The water in front of the resort is shallow and sandy and there is a very good quality barrier reef that lies several hundred yards from the beach for those that are adept at snorkeling. There are no jet skis, no parasailing, and no boating activities in general due to the barrier reef and shallowness. Maya Diving uses a panga for diving. PERFECT!

4 Thank MtyEngr
Norman, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Dive Center”
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My wife and I completed our Advenced Certification with the Maya Diving gang. Very professional. Highly recommended!

1 Thank U2GERM72
Santa Barbara, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My Fantastic Honeymoon Diving With Maya Dive !”
Reviewed September 23, 2010

My husband and I dove 9 times over a 10 day honeymoon in Talum , Mexico.

Maya dive was the highlight of our trip and we can't wait to go back and dive with them. We felt safe and supported on our many dives, especially diving in the cenote (cave dives ) .

The staff was very helpful in explaining the dives to us and showing us things that I can't even put into words.. Stalagmites ... stalactites galore and the sea dives were amazing on the reef. The staff made sure point out things underwater that my husband and I would have rather missed. I love Maya Dive and the staff! We will go back for our wedding anniversary to dive with them next year.

Megan