“Great Introduction to Snorkelling and Diving”
Review of Maya Diving Center

Maya Diving Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Maya Diving, a PADI Five Star Gold Palm Dive Center, has two locations to serve you, Downtown Tulum on the main street and inside Dreams Tulum Resort. Try our superb diving and snorkeling trips to local reefs and Cenotes with our experienced guides. We offer all levels of dive courses and are the only shop in the area using a pool for all confined water training dives. Experience the difference our professional team can make.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Staying at the Dreams resort, we were curious having seen the Scuba sessions in the pool. We went snorkelling as a family at Akumal and saw turtles, wonderful coral and fish. I then went scuba diving at Casa Cenote with Will. The focus on safety was excellent and Will was helpful and reassuring.

If you are staying at Dreams, take advantage of the on site dive centre.

There are newer reviews for Maya Diving Center

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We got in contact with many divecenters before we picked one,This felt more personal since they organized the trip perfectly for us and the price was much lower than the other divecenters.
When we arrived in the morning at the bus station and our guide, Budgie (!) was there to pick us up. A bit more about Budgie, he has almost a decade of cavediving excperiance and life in Tulum and his personality is not the young cool instructor who needs to be the center of attention all the time, instead he is what I would call a real professional and he truely made our trip unforgetable

However, Budgie was not all that was amazing, the diving itself was spectacular!
To anyone planning on going diving in Tulum, check out Maya diving Center.

1  Thank flipfloptraveller08
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Hi there! Your centre has outstanding reviews but I just wanted to submit some constructive feedback based on our experience 2 weeks ago in April 2013. The staff were great and fantastic working with us to take us to some absolutely gorgeous sites which we really enjoyed, however, both of our groups of 15+ people had difficulties with equipment. Our snorkel group which went to Dos Ojos had several members of the group with leaking goggles and snorkels. The dive group (not sure where they went to) had several equipment issues including flashlights that stopped working on the dive and faulty gauges. Most of the group on this dive were master or advanced divers themselves. We all agreed the service and dive sites were outstanding, absolutely worth it - but we wanted to perhaps suggest some reinvestment in equipment - especially in the event of larger groups. Our guide on Dos Ojos was quite apologetic about the goggles and helped us swap equipment around to accommodate everyone - which was muchly appreciated. Cheers!

1  Thank Caricar
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My eight year old son, Max, wanted to try diving but was too young for the excursions. Jamie was kind enough to allow Max an extended demo in the pool. Max loved it so much that Jamie offered him a Bubblemaster class in which Max learned the basics of diving. It was the highlight of our trip and as all parents know, when your kids are happy, you're happy. We look forward to returning and plan a repeat. When Max becomes 10, I am certain we will go for an excursion.

2  Thank DHSpro
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I've been to Dreams Tulum resort three times now, and have been snorkeling and diving at Maya Diving on all three trips. Since my first diving experience with Will, another trip where I did my diving with Deon, and now getting my Open Water Certification with Jamie, all I can say is, awesome! I've always taken my boys and other family members on the snorkeling trips offered through the shop as well, and those experiences have also been absolutely great. Thanks very recently to Miguel and Keka (not sure on that spelling, but they'll know). My brother and his son did the DSD program with Dominique, and said he was fantastic. The message time and time again from Maya Diving seems to be that if you show up, they will treat you wonderfully, teach you professionally, and show you a great time. Thanks to all at Maya Diving Dreams Tulum.

2  Thank Mark S