“Awesome excursion for our family”

Hidden Worlds Family Cenote Park
Ranked #29 of 95 Tours in Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: Hidden Worlds Cenotes Park offers unique jungle adventures including , cenote snorkeling, ziplines, rappelling, Diving, the skycycle and the Avatar. This park has been featured in more films then any other park in the greater Cancun area including; critically acclaimed 2001 IMAX movie, Journey Into Amazing Caves and the 2007 BBC Planet Earth series, Natgeo in 2007 and HDTV "GET OUT" series in 2011.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Quesnel, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome excursion for our family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were extremely impressed with Hidden Worlds. When we pulled up to the main office, it looked like there was nothing there, but then we got on the "mayan limosine" and rode a very bumpy road 15 minutes or so up into the jungle, we were more excited. It was not very busy at all and we were able to do some of the activities that we enjoyed twice. We did all of the activities, and our favorite of all was the zip-coaster. My least favorite part was the Aero-cycle, only because I have really short legs and had a hard time reaching the pedals. Afterwards, we were served a lunch of chicken quesidillas and they were so good. The kids had as much fun as mom and dad did. Watershoes would be preferable as the activities are in and out of the water. We had a photographer following us around taking pictures of us the whole time, and he got some amazing shots of our family. I would definietly recommend this trip to anyone looking for fun, decent priced adventure. It was the perfect length of time, about 5 hours from start to finish.

3 Thank Jen G

Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“I felt like I was on National Geographic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We visited several cenotes while in the Cancun area and this one, by far, was the best. Room after room after room of incredible caves completely concealed beneath the earth with crystal clear water. The guides were fantastic and really knew what they were doing. It was clear that they had spent years exploring the area and knew what to look for.

My kids (7 and 9) continue to rave about the Avatar. They loved every minute of it and the zip lining. Be careful on the ride into the jungle, though...hold on tight! It's a VERY bumpy ride!

I would love to go back to this place and explore the cenotes some more. They were so beautiful, I truly felt like I was in an episode of National Geographic!

Visited November 2012
ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best excursion ever! A lot better than going to the big commericalized zipline/centoe excursions.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Julio (sp??) was our guide and explained everything to us and was our entertainment as well. He's the Best!! He makes the excursion even more exciting and he is so extremely nice, polite and respectful,but keeps everyone having fun. He's perfect for this job. He deserves employee of the year for sure!! This was my 3rd time there and still love it each and every time. I was very sad that the zipline that went into the cenote was closed, but it was still a blast. The avatar is a must. It is a roller coaster type zipline that you end up in the cenote. I still scream everytime, but i scream on all rides. Again Julio makes you feel very comfortable joining in. The ride in to the jungle is on a rickety out jeep, but it makes it even more interesting and fun. There is also another gentleman that goes with you and drives, but I have forgotten his name already. He is very sweet as well, but either very shy, or doesn't speak much English, or perhaps, just not his job to mingle with everyone. This trip is quite adventurous, but I am almost 53 and female and had no problem with it at all. I am an active person though. This excursion is much more personalized and you feel very welcomed and comfortable with the staff (julio). He actually makes the trip even all that much better. The quasadias (sp?) at the end were terrific to. I can't say enough about this excursion and the Julio. It is so warm and inviting, but so much fun and exilerating at the same time. I have recommended so many people to go here and they have ALL enjoyed it fully. Definately a 5 star excursion and I definately give it the thumbs up! PS, they supply the food, but take water with you. There is a gentleman that takes pictures of you as well that you can buy at the end. I suggest you leave your shorts on over your bathing suit ladies. Almost lost my bottom the one time when ziplined into the cenote and I wear longer shorts so that the gear doesn't rub on your leg. I forgot--the sky cyle is wonderful as well. I bit of exercise, but wears off the boose and food from the week, but you get to trike down in and back out of a couple cenotes and it is breathtaking!! There are washrooms there, but remember it is the jungle, not not a resort kind of washroom by any means, lol. There is also a place to change. i suggest you take a change of clothes with you and leave in the lockers (once you are in the jungle they have lockers there to leave things--don't use the ones at the entrance if you want to be able to get at it) won't be able to until the end of the trip. Like I said, definatley one of my very favourite excursions, and very cultural which I really like as well.

1 Thank OntarioNasty
Forest Lake, Minnesota
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great fun with kids!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was an awesome adventure for my kids who were first time zip liners. Do it all! We did the coaster, bike zip, rappel, snorkel in the cave.....it's all awesome. Hope to get back this summer.

1 Thank NextVacationiswhen
Houston
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“Mislead about things”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our party of 10 was really excited about going here and had bought tickets in advance online for Tues March 12. In researching things online, this looked to be the best place as we wanted LOTS of ziplining! Because of weather, we called to see if we could come on Monday. They had several times available for a group our size and so we rescheduled.
We arrived on Monday at the correct time and were told that part of the park/activities were 'down for maintaince' and that they would provide us lunch at their onsite restaurant. Well, that just doesn't fly.
You can see my other/previous reviews to see that I shoot straight.
Probably the worst part is that we had called THE DAY BEFORE. We were not told of any issues/problems so they ended up wasting allot of our vacation time and left us with part of a wasted day as nothing else could be scheduled on such short notice.
BTW, I did email the company requesting a refund, which I was assured I would receive, and as of today (3/22) $ZERO.

1 Thank littlejohn