“Big fun in the big caverns”

Xibalba Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: We are specialized in cavern&cave diving, a training facility for all levels of ow-training by PADI( ocean & cenote ) and technical courses by NACD& IANTD. Robert Schmittner , known explorer of the underwater river systems around Tulum,and his team offer personalized safe guiding&training in cavern/caves. XIBALBA fillstation for air/nitrox, tank rental, doubles, singles, rebreather tanks.since June 2010 Xibalba grew bigger, now dive center & Hotel!Xibalba is located at the entrance of Tulum, on the back of the mainroad (307), 4km from the beautiful beaches and 6km from the mayan ruins.
Oakland, CA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Big fun in the big caverns”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

This was my introduction to cavern diving and, after seeing five or six of the cenotes, I definitely want to go back for more. The staff at Xibalba is top-notch -- experienced, friendly, and careful. The caverns were beautiful and mysterious, but touring them with Xibalba I never felt scared or anxious. I would recommend for any diver with good boyancy control.

1 Thank Macrodiver

Oakland, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best folks for cenote diving tours.”
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We recently spend 3 days cavern diving in the cenotes near Tulum with Xibalba Dive Center. The guides were competent, well informed and personable. We showed up at the dive shop daily and they loaded us into their transportation and took is to various cenotes that were suitable for our experience level. The shop was established by a German and is European run with all the guides speaking good English.

1 Thank RosieHeil
Edmonton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would go again in a heartbeat.”
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Xibalba Dive Center was fantastic. Our DM, Jeff was really knowledgeable about the systems we dove, made first time Cavern diving a great experience. Diving with these guys we felt comfortable, never out of our depth. Good options for Cenote dives. Good equipment, safe, and friendly, not pushy like the dive ops on the strip. Booked one day of diving (2 dives) and ended up going back for a second day because it was so good. When I go back to Tulum, I WILL be diving with Xibalba again.

1 Thank coxicle
British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Everything you wish for in cave diving”
Reviewed December 24, 2009

For four consecutive years, twice a year, we’ve been diving Tulum caves with the support of Xibalba Dive Center. We keep returning to Robbie and Aneke for expert, reliable and friendly service. The friendly staff is always eager to help out and discuss interesting cenotes and technical equipment, just like your LDS would. We would deal with no one else and look forward to returning to Xibalba the very day we wave goodbye!
Luci and Tom

1 Thank fr0gFish
England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Flying Through Caves”
Reviewed September 6, 2006

Absolutely amazing! My first taste of Cenote and fresh water diving was made even better by the guys here. Not only is the centre amazingly modern, the staff and guides make this a relaxing place to be, a great environment ask questions (which are answered by their v.knowledgeable staff) and prepare for your trip into the underworld :)
I've dived with them a total of 6 times and wouldn't dive the cenotes with anyone else. I would definitely recommend gran cenote for its amazing and beautiful formations and temple of doom for a blinding dive!

I have never truly felt like I was flying before I took a trip into a cenote.
Thanks guys!