“Heaven”

Shambala Petit Hotel
Ranked #67 of 98 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We loved every single moment at Shambala! It was our first annual yoga retreat in Tulum and we've already reserved the space for next year! This will definitely become a yearly retreat for our yoga community. Roberto is so kind and his staff is the friendliest and most helpful people I've ever met. Marco's bio energy massage work is phenomenal and the meditation/meeting with Marc and Donna is nothing short of life changing. I look forward to bringing our next group of yogis in April and again next January!! #shoalsyogadoestulum

1  Thank Danielle S
There are newer reviews for Shambala Petit Hotel

Reviewed January 25, 2014

By far the best beach and food in Tulum. We booked our next annual retreat while we were on our first visit and plan on taking our yoga community back every year in the future. The food was outstanding and became the highlight of each day. Roberto and staff were loving and there for our guest every need. Quite simply, Shambala Petit Hotel is our happy place.

Room Tip: Leave your doors open when you sleep so you can hear the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Courtney C
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The cool ocean breeze, and the white sand beaches were enough to make me feel at home away from home, during my stay at this Tulum Mexico resort. But it was the quality of the people, not just the delightfully comfortable loggings, and the delicious food that really made my week at Shambala sublime. Roberto and his staff are beautiful, inside and out. The positive and professional space they hold draws out the very best in everyone who stays there. Not a morning went by that I wasn't grateful for my surroundings, or delighted by the smiling faces around me. Whether you're there for a yoga retreat, a meditation workshop or just some down time, Shambala provides a deeper sense of rejuvenation than you'd get at a regular resort hotel. It's is like stepping out of yourself and into Eden, giving yourself the gift of remembering what true happiness really feels like. If only for a moment.

--Avaka Draka

1  Thank Avaka D
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed at this lovely resort with a group of fellow yogis for a yoga retreat. This place was pure bliss... so much that I only stepped outside of the resort twice during our 6 day stay! I stayed in Casa Eolo with a roommate, which had a small sitting area, full shower with lights, a dim lantern over the sleeping area, and a drinking water dispenser that was filled daily. Casa Eolo was spacious enough for the two of us. We had more than enough room on the floor for our large luggages, and there were hangers on a rod for our clothes. There was maid service daily who changed our bath and beach towels every other day. Casa Eolo sat right in front of the beach, and it was lovely waking up daily to the rising sun!

If you're looking for a big corp posh hotel, this is not it. I'm used to luxury living, and welcomed the wholeness, natural, rustic atmosphere of this beach-front eco resort. I had no care in the world staying here, and that itself was absolutely priceless. We walked barefoot all around the complex, and never once locked our doors. The staff was so caring and delightful, and tended to our every need. Luis, the night guard knew our names and greeted us every morning as we strolled to the dining room for breakfast.

We had the all-inclusive option and gladly so, because the food was both healthy and delicious! Breakfast included a plate of fresh-cut fruits, yogurt, granola, oatmeal, avocado, coffee/teas, and freshly-blended juice. Oh the juice... each meal came with a different yummy juice, and sugar was never used. Lunch always came with a salad and a vegetarian main dish. Then dinner was always served with an appetizer, a seafood main entree, and dessert. I was always looking forward to the next delicious meal.

The best part of this resort was that it completely took my mind away from my workaholic nature back home. No stress and no worries. Of course if you can't unplug from the world outside, they do have free wifi. Otherwise, the whole complex echos a serene atmosphere with Buddhist mantras. It was sad to leave this precious place to be thrown back to the daily grind of the outside world. I've been home not even 24hours and am already going through withdrawals. I can't wait to return to here!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank DrJennyYip
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Let's see...negatives: no alcohol, no animal protein just a hundred ways to serve vegetables and the same fish, no outlets in the rooms, no electricity after 10 pm at night, no lights in the bathroom and toilet paper has to be disposed of in a trash basket after you wipe yourself (but I understand that is all over Tulum?), tiny rooms, no place to get food in between meals so one has to go to the hotels next door or down the beach, mold in the rafters, no air conditioning...nuff said
positives: Fresh fruit & vegetable juices with every meal, healthy breakfast and beautifully presented meals, good coffee, spectacular beach, comfortable beach chaise lounges and chairs, very safe, lovely staff, quiet, no need to wear shoes anywhere, nice breeze from the ocean, great restaurants on the beach at other hotels just steps away, peaceful, perfect for a no frills yoga retreat, cool Mayan ruins 5 minutes away by taxi, cheap taxis too, SUPERB MASSAGES from Marco

Room Tip: Take the big one at the end in front of the ocean
7  Thank citygirl003
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great location, responsive staff, simple yet comfortable facilities.We stepped out of our cabana onto white sand that led right to the beach and the invitingly warm waters of the Caribbean. I could have gone a whole week without wearing shoes if we hadn't also ventured to the ruins at Cobá, the town of Tulúm, and snorkeling at Akumal.
Lots of space for the sand castles our 9-year-old wanted to build all the time, and easy swimming for someone not 100% at ease in big surf (our son). I also appreciated the kayaks and boogie board that the hotel makes available.
A tip: you can book with full board (3 meals) or just breakfast -- but the just-breakfast option isn't always presented when you make the reservation. Still, unless you intend to travel into the town (35 minutes by bike) for meals, you will find no bargains by eating at restaurants in the Zona Hotelera, and the food on-site is delicious.

Room Tip: We liked our room in the Casa Jardín - slightly larger room with its own bath, but behind a little r...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Seth98070
Reviewed October 18, 2013

what a wonderful place full of spiritualism and energy!!! a very quiet place to stay and relax. Rooms are very simple but you definitly do not need more. Good place also for yoga retreats. Breakfast in a familiar invironment. Lots of good restaurants are near by. Cheap Taxis are passing every Minute till late at night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
ShambalaTulum, Owner at Shambala Petit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Markus: Thank you so much for taking the time to review Shambala Petit Hotel, we wake up every day to give our best, if you feel that love, you tell me we are on the right path, it is a dream come true and little by little day after day we try to be a better place.. Thank you.. Roberto Hernandez @ Shambala Petit Hotel Tulum Mexico..