Shambala Petit Hotel
$637
$641
$622
Hotels.com
All reviewsyoga roomyoga retreatbreakfast roomfrench press coffeetable sharingtreehouse roomyogurtsmall paradisebody and soulamazing yogalittle slice of heavenmagical placequaint hotelnight guardan amazing beachwhite fisheco resort
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Let's see...negatives: no alcohol, no animal protein just a hundred ways to serve vegetables and the same fish, no outlets in the rooms, no electricity after 10 pm at night, no lights in the bathroom and toilet paper has to be disposed of in a trash basket after you wipe yourself (but I understand that is all over Tulum?), tiny rooms, no place to get food in between meals so one has to go to the hotels next door or down the beach, mold in the rafters, no air conditioning...nuff said
positives: Fresh fruit & vegetable juices with every meal, healthy breakfast and beautifully presented meals, good coffee, spectacular beach, comfortable beach chaise lounges and chairs, very safe, lovely staff, quiet, no need to wear shoes anywhere, nice breeze from the ocean, great restaurants on the beach at other hotels just steps away, peaceful, perfect for a no frills yoga retreat, cool Mayan ruins 5 minutes away by taxi, cheap taxis too, SUPERB MASSAGES from Marco

Room Tip: Take the big one at the end in front of the ocean
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank citygirl003
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great location, responsive staff, simple yet comfortable facilities.We stepped out of our cabana onto white sand that led right to the beach and the invitingly warm waters of the Caribbean. I could have gone a whole week without wearing shoes if we hadn't also ventured to the ruins at Cobá, the town of Tulúm, and snorkeling at Akumal.
Lots of space for the sand castles our 9-year-old wanted to build all the time, and easy swimming for someone not 100% at ease in big surf (our son). I also appreciated the kayaks and boogie board that the hotel makes available.
A tip: you can book with full board (3 meals) or just breakfast -- but the just-breakfast option isn't always presented when you make the reservation. Still, unless you intend to travel into the town (35 minutes by bike) for meals, you will find no bargains by eating at restaurants in the Zona Hotelera, and the food on-site is delicious.

Room Tip: We liked our room in the Casa Jardín - slightly larger room with its own bath, but behind a little rise that separated it from the sea. Smallness of the rooms that other reviewers mention wasn't such an issue for us; also, there is a nice large living room cabana shared by all 10 rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Seth98070
Reviewed October 18, 2013

what a wonderful place full of spiritualism and energy!!! a very quiet place to stay and relax. Rooms are very simple but you definitly do not need more. Good place also for yoga retreats. Breakfast in a familiar invironment. Lots of good restaurants are near by. Cheap Taxis are passing every Minute till late at night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
ShambalaTulum, Owner at Shambala Petit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Markus: Thank you so much for taking the time to review Shambala Petit Hotel, we wake up every day to give our best, if you feel that love, you tell me we are on the right path, it is a dream come true and little by little day after day we try to be a better place.. Thank you.. Roberto Hernandez @ Shambala Petit Hotel Tulum Mexico..

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I spent one night there and could not sleep because of the distant noise from a night club until 3 or 4 am. I understand that this is nothing the hotel can do but the room are VERY small, just enough to walk around and that's it. I could also hear the person in the next room flushing the toilet and coughing...Not my idea of relaxation and intimacy.t I loved the decor and that's why I booked it in the first place.
Breakfast is set at a specific hour and you have to wait I think 9.30am to eat. Its one big table you share with others. There was not a lot of food going around and I felt bad asking for more toast as we were running out. PS: I am light weight and don't eat a lot.... I will not come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Seize_the_day_1978
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Petit Shambala is my favorite place yet in Tulum, and this will be the third time I have gone to Tulum to find peace and restore my juices. Roberto and his team are so lovely... the perfect balance of available and resourceful but not overbearing and ever present. The ground are clean and well loved. The art is inspiring. The Yoga studio and it's radiant Buddha is a place you will want to sit for every staring out at sea just feet away. The ritual communal breakfasts are so fresh and beautifully spread out every morning.

The rooms are all that one needs in Tulum. A beautiful place to rinse and rest. They are not glamourous HOTEL style... but this is not what Tulum is about. This place sings of beauty and tremendous energy. I would (and will) return here again for all that it is.

Room Tip: I loved Ganesh... the 'remover of all obstacles' room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo