“Yoga retreat”

Ranked #61 of 93 Hotels in Tulum
Boston
“Yoga retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Just came back from a week long yoga vacation.. The place was beautiful. Our room was closest to the beach. Slept very well (the first time away from home) listening to the wind and waves. The staff was very helpful, the room was spacious, the food was excellent. I wish I could put meals together like that. Marco the masseuse was one of the best part of the trip. I had to have a second massage before I left. I thought that Marco had forgotten to do my legs so I asked him about it. He assured me that he had not. Sure enough I had oil down my legs ( I was so relaxed I had slept right through it! ). Roberto, the owner, was around during meals (helping serve dishes) and available to answer whatever questions we came up with. I am really looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1-ilovetotravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed at Petit Shambala, in the Almar unit, rested, had massages here, and ate my meals and practiced yoga and sitting next door at Uno.

This small resort is lovely, feels grounded, well maintained, peaceful. This is where you go to disconnect (if you are looking for a "scene", this is not it). It was great, I was at peace going home, because I had completely nourished myself.

Thank you!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

We were there on a retreat. The hotel is gorgeous, the food was incredible, the yoga room has a beautiful view of the ocean. The food was healthy Mexican and delicious. The rooms were all different and very unique. Try to get one with a view. Roberto was hospitable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank GoldieMia
bklynyoga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I recently led my third retreat at Shambala and like both previous times, it was amazing. From the food, rooms, service to the beach, yoga shala- all of it was great and consistent. Roberto, the owner is very committed to his place and to his guests and will go out of his way to please people. He is easy to work with and his dedication to his space is apparent. My students were yet again satisfied, nourished and well rested at Shambala.

Furthermore- Marco the masseuse is amazing and I highly recommend a massage with him.

• Stayed February 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

On the cleanest, widest stretch of sandy tulum beach is a small (hence "petite"!) cluster of white cabanas decorated with cheerful accents of orange and thatched roofs. You can leave your sandals in your room and walk, barefoot, the sand paths to the Sambala for yoga class, to the the dinning room for fresh (not a bit of processed) food accompanied by surprising freshly made juices, to the beach and over again. I took some day trips to ruins and limestone, freshwater swimming holes, and snorkeling with the turtles! The staff is very soft spoken and generous with their time, once appearing immediately when we got hung up on a curb and pushing us, waking me in the middle of the night so I could meet my taxi, mailing left behind items, drawing maps, and on and on, beside their daily chores. The owner Roberto is, as his staff, a hard working, very competent, friendly multi-tasker. What relaxation. .

Room Tip: Make sure your room is beach side. I think there are two cabanas further back that would not be as...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank gemflowermountain
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I attend a yoga retreat at Shambala every February, and just returned from my third visit. As always, the accomodations, staff, beach, food, and service were all (no kidding) PERFECT. Roberto and his staff are helpful without being intrusive, and the rooms, beach beds, and hammocks have all become like old friends to me.

One addition this year that bears mentioning is a WONDERFUL massage therapist, Marco. After several of my friends had their massages, and raved, I decided to have one as well--it was one of the best I've ever had. That it is right on the property, and offered by such a talented professional, make a visit to the wonderful Shambala even better (which I'd come to believe wasn't even possible).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

I spent a week there on a yoga retreat. Having never been to Tulum, I had no expectations, but this place was awesome. Roberto is an amazing host and he's surrounded by fabulous staff. The food was exceptional and the location is spectacular. The rooms are basic, but very comfortable and are right on the beach. The beach is perfect, beautiful white sand. I had a great week and would recommend yoga teachers for considering this location.

Room Tip: All the rooms are slightly different. The one that's upstairs has a spectacular outdoor shower.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends