I so want to give this property a high mark review. The beach is pristine exquisite; the food is expensive but fabulous; the beach lounge beds appeared to be the best of any hotel. The staff was pleasant. BUT, our cabana (aqua) was not even located at the Hemingway Romantic (which we booked) but across the street at the Hemingway Jungle! Worse yet, the cabana was @ 30 feet from the very noisy street traffic...not my idea of a romantic getaway. Garbage trucks, water tankers, whining motor cycles, and cars traveled the road 24 hours a day. The entrance to the cabana had an off and on strong septic smell. The good sized room had only a king sized bed squeezed into the corner directly across from the glass room door facing the street. The toilet was in full view from the bed (glass door on the bathroom) at all times. There were no chairs in the bedroom but lots of concrete floor space. Only one chair was on the concrete patio outside the cabana. The marginally comfortable mattress had no pad on it, just a sheet. We had booked for two nights but wanted to leave the morning after only 2 hours of restless sleep the first night. Unfortunately, this hotel would have charged us anyway so we stayed. Also, this hotel charges a premium for payment in MX pesos (which was all we had) vs payment in US dollars. We also tried to book the advertised massage. We were unable to do so, as no therapist ever appeared during our 3 days...management seemed unconcerned. When we checked out, even after giving a tip for the service people, we were never asked if we'd enjoyed our stay ( we were always very cheery to the staff) nor were we given any encouragement to come back...very bizarre. The only "romantic" part of this hotel might be if you book Estrella, Boa or Jaguare cabanas located beachside. Otherwise, there are lots of other cabana type hotels on the same strip of beach...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Little hotel beachfront ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Tulum Hemingway Romantic Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tulum Hemingway Romantic Cabanas Hotel Tulum
- Tulum Hemingway Eco Hotel