“Returned for our eighth time to Cabanas Tulum” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Cabanas Tulum
Ranked #14 of 91 Hotels in Tulum
Chisago City, Minnesota
“Returned for our eighth time to Cabanas Tulum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

The term paradise comes up repeatedly when someone stays at Cabanas Tulum. My wife and I returned in March 2013 for our 8th spring visit and improvements in both the facilities and service are very evident. Ben Fernandez's crew is first rate they made every day enjoyable. We look forward to our vacation in Tulum and enjoy the slower pace. We've learned to enjoy the hammocks in the shade rather than too much direct sunlight and our 10 days allowed me to read 7 books. Much different than my usual 8-12 hours a day on a computer. We'd like to give a particular shout out to our maid, Candy, and bellman, Adrian, for going the extra mile in making our stay enjoyable enough to be planning our return again next spring.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach front room, if available. If one is not, don't worry the beach is still only 30...
1 Thank GregOien
ctulum, Public Relations Manager at Cabanas Tulum, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Greg,

It was our pleasure to have you and your wife as our guests again and to welcome you back in our relaxing ambiance. We could not have received a better compliment than yours and are truly honored by your words! Thank you so much and see you again next Spring!
Look after yourselves!

Patrizia
Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed in the simpler rooms at Cabanas Tulum and for what we we're looking for it was a great place to stay. It was inexpensive, on the beach, and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. The food was pretty good at the hotel and they included a large breakfast in our hotel room cost which made it a great value! If you're looking for a low key, simple place to stay I'd highly recommend this spot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback! It is so nice to know that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and that you were pleased with service & amenities. We will also let forward your the restaurant staff know about your comment, I am certain they will be very happy to hear that.
We thank you again for having chosen Cabañas Tulum for your Tulum vacation and are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I spent a week (March 2013) in the oceanfront room #23 and loved every minute of it. I had seen prevoius reviews so I had some expectations. We were greeted with friendly staff and a beautiful veiw. The beach there is amazing and not too crowded! My husband and I chose Tulum and Cabana's Tulum because we didn't want to be around a lot of people. The hotel beach had lots of hammocks, beach mattresses, and chairs. By the afternoon most mattresses were taken, but we always had one. There was a beautiful pool, but we never used it since we prefere the ocean. Our room was simple, clean, comfortable, and functional. The bed was pretty comfortable with exception of the sheets not being the best quaility. The staff (including The Bistro staff) were all friendly and willing to help in any way. There was always hot water for showering, but a little tricky to adjust. There was no cell service or televsion, but there was poor internet. The food at The Bistro was great, but a little expensive. We ate a wonderful breakfast every day there since it came with the room and ate there for some other meals too. We can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: They all seemed to be great!
1 Thank DelaBux
ctulum, Public Relations Manager at Cabanas Tulum, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and feedback. It is always nice to read about our guests' experience and learn where to improve or find out where we have done a good job.
We are very happy you had such a pleasant stay and found everything exactly how you imagined it prior to your arrival. The beach is indeed beautiful and never seems crowded although we were sold out during the week you stayed with us. However what really makes us happy is that you found everyone very helpful and to your service, this is of particular importance to us.
Thank you again and we hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We recently stayed at Cabanas Tulum and absolutely love it. The view to the ocean is incredible. The rooms are very simple, yet perfect for getting away from the world and relaxing. We walked up and down the beach to compare other hotels and cabanas, and Cabanas Tulum is certainly among the best on the beach.

1 Thank Dizane
ctulum, Public Relations Manager at Cabanas Tulum, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and feedback, we are so happy you enjoyed staying with us. It is a nice encouragement for all of our staff members to know that you were pleased with the service and just fell in love with CT. Needless to say, we are truly flattered to know that you consider us one of the best options on Tulum's beach strip.
We hope to see you again one day and wish you all the best.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Another 10 days at this hotel ... some changes since we were there two years ago, for the better. Love the new section and will stay there next time ... we'll definitely go back, especially in light of our treatment this trip ... while things seemed not quite as good at first, one small complaint made a huge difference and we were treated like royalty ... the staff more than made up for one faux pas, thanks to Jose, the manager we dealt with through the restaurant. Great food, great service and a lot of fun evenings, in particular tequila tasting night ... what a blast. The staff bent over backwards to make our stay a good one, and it was, in spite of catching a cold and injuring myself while there ... can't think of a better place to feel poorly in ... they brought breakfast to our room for me, and even had help for my sunburn. Thanks to Jose, Jorge, Abraham, Lorenzo, Nestor, Candy and Jose Luis and all the other great service people we dealt with ... Love this place!!!

Room Tip: go for the new section ... a lovely private adult area with two pools and decks on the roof make the...
1 Thank vijac
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your lovely words about our staff and Hotel. We are honored to know that you had such a nice and pleasant time regardless the circumstances you described. We are going to share your review with all the staff of Cabañas Tulum and The Beach (Deluxe / Superior section) and will forward your review to the restaurant manager as well.
Again, thank you for being our guests and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Look after yourselves.

Sales &Marketing
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We travel frequently, especially to Caribbean sort of locations. I did a lot of research, and was very nervous about staying in Tulum (worried it was a little too eco-friendly for me), and about not going all-inclusive and having to find all our own food and activities. I was blown away by how much we LOVED this hotel, as well as the area. This is one of our favorite vacations we have taken. It floors me that people can find such minor things to complain about here. We booked a deluxe beachfront room. It was beautiful. The huge windows/doors looking into the ocean was the most gorgeous view to wake up to each morning. The patio space was great, and very functional with a couch, hammock, and dining table. The natural beauty of the outdoors brought in, as well as touches like gorgeous woods and stone throughout the room...no complaints there. The bed was very comfortable. I was expecting a rock! Towels were replinished every day. We never got hot and only used the AC one night. Most nights we slept with the doors open, and the screens shut. No bugs in room. Only didn't have hot water one night. The front desk is close-by to pick up new beach towels and breakfast tickets. You can get them the night before if you don't want to go by in the am. No big deal. The pool area is very nice. The addition of the new decking makes a huge difference. The beach beds were always available, including shady spots. Beach service was great. EVERY employee at the hotel was beyond friendly, and went out of their way to make us comfortable and happy. The free breakfast had lots of choices, and we were always full. The lunch and dinner was great there as well. A few times, we had them deliver food to our room (who can beat eating on your own private balcony on the ocean?). For our anniversary, they decorated the bed with petals, brought our breakfast to our room with roses, and left us a bottle of champagne. When I had problems with things I booked, they gave good advice and even let me use their personal cell phones to call the company. I have no reservations recommending this place. The waiter for our last breakfast even made us a beautiful flower arrangement. The bartender made my husband an awesome coconut drink, then cracked it open, carved out the coconut and showed him a special way to eat it with spices and lime (then did it AGAIN two nights later). Even though our week was windy, then chilly, we had one of the best trips we've ever had. When asked at check-out if I had any suggestions, the only thing I could even think of is a foot bath for the upstairs rooms to keep sand off the floors. (Even so, the maid service got it all up daily). My husband said it'd be nice to have a small fridge, which is true (we bought a styrofoam cooler, but the ice completely melted every day). I hope that one day I get to go back here.
As for the area--it feels very safe. The food is outstanding and priced very affordably. Had some of the best seafood ever! Lots of do as well!

7 Thank arauth
ctulum, Public Relations Manager at Cabanas Tulum, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely words and review about our Hotel. You stayed in our Deluxe only-adult section which soon will be part of our new boutique Hotel The Beach Tulum. We are honestly flattered by your description of our staff and amenities and thrilled to know you had such a pleasurable stay with us, so we hope you will choose us again on your next trip to Tulum, to rewind, recharge your energies and just relax and enjoy this little piece of paradise. Again, thank you for being our guests!

Essex, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

My (now) husband and I were married in Tulum on February 16th, and we had a tough time finding a hotel for our guests that would meet all of their requirements (beach front, air conditioning, electricity, good service, etc.). I cannot stress enough how happy we are with our decision to use Cabanas Tulum as our main guest hotel. The hotel hosted 24 of our guests in every room category, and every single guest was happy with the hotel. Most of our guests stayed for one week, and at least two of our guests have already rebooked for next year.

Beginning with our room, we booked a Beachfront Deluxe Superior Room for a week. The room is quite spacious, and it was the perfect size to host guests coming in and out of our room. My parents booked the same room category, and it managed to fit me, my six bridesmaids, a hair stylist, a photographer, and four other people for our wedding day preparations! The bed was quite comfortable, and it was such a luxury to walk right onto the beach from our balcony doors. I was a little nervous about the lack of air conditioning during the day, but it really was not a problem. Tulum is breezy, so the wind naturally cools your room.

The bathroom was quite spacious with two sinks and a separate toilet area. You can borrow a hair dryer from the front desk, and the electricity system had no problem with handling curling irons. One small suggestion - there is a glass wall on the front of the bathroom, which looks out onto the pool area. The shower is also glass. Although some of the glass has a smoke tint to it, it was relatively easy to see into the bathrooms. We hung a towel on a hook outside the shower to provide us with a little more privacy, but this may be something for the hotel to look into. Also, on two occasions, we had no hot water for our shower. I think we were taking showers at peak times (i.e., right before dinner), and we did not experience any issues at any other time. Just something to keep in mind.

The balcony on the top floor had spectacular views. We were in room 201, which was adjacent to the second floor stairs for the other section of the hotel. For those of you who would like some privacy while on your roof top, you may want to request another room. The hotel has placed a fence by the stairs, but we didn't feel like we had as much privacy as the other rooftops (which have complete privacy based on the Beachfront Deluxe rooms booked by four other couples in our wedding group). Regardless, it was incredibly peaceful to lay on the rooftop couches and see the beautiful stars each night.

The food and wine at the hotel were quite tasty! After a week of hosting guests (and reviewing our food and bar tabs as well as the tabs that our guests discussed with us), I really believe the food, wine, and alcohol were reasonably priced. Our non-sun-loving guests were planted in the bar each day, and everyone agreed that the costs were not exorbitant. The Malbec wine by the glass was delicious, and I will forever dream of the shrimp tacos at the hotel's restaurant. The breakfast was also amazing every morning.

I really cannot stress enough how wonderful the hotel's staff treated us during our wedding week. From running champagne to our room to covering our bed with rose petals on our wedding night to hosting a delicious wedding brunch for 48 of our wedding guests, the hotel's staff made us feel so special and taken care of. There is just something magical about this hotel - it made people actually relax, kick off their shoes, and enjoy their holiday. We cannot thank Hotel Cabanas Tulum enough for taking care of us and our wedding guests.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank B.G._Chicago
Dear Guests,

Congratulation again on your marriage and a big "thank you" from the whole Cabañas Tulum and The Beach Hotel (Deluxe & Superior rooms) team for being our guests and for choosing and recommending our Hotel to your family & friends. It really was our pleasure hosting you and your wedding guests and share this special moment with you.
We are so happy to read that you truly enjoyed staying with us and that we fulfilled everyone's expectation. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future, hopefully for your first anniversary ;)
We wish you all the best for your future, may your lives be ever interwined and your love keeping you together.