“What a great pair of meals”
Review of Cenzontle

Cenzontle
Ranked #11 of 396 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We love experimenting with mexican flavors and rest of the world cuisine, twist's in conventional mexican dishes, or mexican twist's into traditional world known recipes. Freshly cut, muddle on the spot fruit are the main contents of our cocktailery. We focus in a full Tulum experience, great food, drinks, service and ambiance. Fundado en 2013.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a great pair of meals”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We dined here twice. The food is exceptional. Very fresh and a great casual scene. Tulum is a great food town and this place stands out as our favorite

1 Thank Matt S

Tulum, Mexico
“A hidden jewel type a place”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Amazing food, amazing drinks, beautiful people. Need to say more? Ah bring mosquito repellant asi is in tulum's jungle side of the beach.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Antonietta886
New York, New York, United States
“BEST FRIENDLY RESTAURANT”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Cenzontle "jardin secreto" Best Friendly Restaurant/Bar in Tulum. Little details makes the difference. Free water, they lend you a flash light, they burn Copal for you and my favorite.. They provide you of Mosquito repellent… Yes! Ask for a great waiter Ivan. He will take care of you!

• Visited May 2014
Xiamen
“Wow. Just....wow”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My wife and I had drink and bites here last night and met the owner. I was kind of floored. The menu is spot on. Incredibly well thought out and somehow ambitious without over reaching. The cocktails are all inspired by old Hollywood (the very sweet owner is from Baja). This is the perfect first date and generally romantic to to place. Heartwood is great it really is but let me tell you- not by a lot. I would venture you could eat and drink, your way through is menu for a week or two and never switch places. They even go out of there way to source CRAFT BEER! I had an ale from Akumal and it hit the spot. The rain sadly drove us on before I could go back for more.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jonathan S
Flagstaff, AZ
“My favorite!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Cenzontle was my favorite dining experience of our week in Tulum (and we went to Hartwood!). As others have mentioned, the atmosphere, the service, and the drinks are wonderful. I really appreciated the focus on responsible sourcing of everything on their menu (which is not extensive but has a good range of choices). The gazpacho and avocado soup (called Three Layer Soup? I forget what the third layer was) was over-the-top delicious. I also had the Tuna al Pastor - it was prepared rare the way I love it and was presented in a very unique manner on a plank of wood with other tasty things such as black rice. I really cannot say enough about our experience there and am kicking myself that we didn't go back a second time. I don't know how one could be disappointed here and highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2014