“BEST FRIENDLY RESTAURANT”

Cenzontle
Ranked #8 of 425 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We love experimenting with mexican flavors and rest of the world cuisine, twist's in conventional mexican dishes, or mexican twist's into traditional world known recipes. Freshly cut, muddle on the spot fruit are the main contents of our cocktailery. We focus in a full Tulum experience, great food, drinks, service and ambiance. Fundado en 2013.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Cenzontle "jardin secreto" Best Friendly Restaurant/Bar in Tulum. Little details makes the difference. Free water, they lend you a flash light, they burn Copal for you and my favorite.. They provide you of Mosquito repellent… Yes! Ask for a great waiter Ivan. He will take care of you!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

My wife and I had drink and bites here last night and met the owner. I was kind of floored. The menu is spot on. Incredibly well thought out and somehow ambitious without over reaching. The cocktails are all inspired by old Hollywood (the very sweet owner is from Baja). This is the perfect first date and generally romantic to to place. Heartwood is great it really is but let me tell you- not by a lot. I would venture you could eat and drink, your way through is menu for a week or two and never switch places. They even go out of there way to source CRAFT BEER! I had an ale from Akumal and it hit the spot. The rain sadly drove us on before I could go back for more.

1  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Cenzontle was my favorite dining experience of our week in Tulum (and we went to Hartwood!). As others have mentioned, the atmosphere, the service, and the drinks are wonderful. I really appreciated the focus on responsible sourcing of everything on their menu (which is not extensive but has a good range of choices). The gazpacho and avocado soup (called Three Layer Soup? I forget what the third layer was) was over-the-top delicious. I also had the Tuna al Pastor - it was prepared rare the way I love it and was presented in a very unique manner on a plank of wood with other tasty things such as black rice. I really cannot say enough about our experience there and am kicking myself that we didn't go back a second time. I don't know how one could be disappointed here and highly recommend it.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

New to the area (just opened in December), Ivan and his puppy Canelo hit it out of the park with this secluded, stylish spot. The service is personal and attentive without being overbearing. The subtitle for this restaurant is "secret garden" and it really lives up to that. We sat at a table vignette that included a beautifully wallpapered faux wall, with sconce lighting and framed art on it, which was well balanced by the rustic dinner table with vintage candlesticks, of course.

Ivan's English is very impressive and he does a great job explaining the carefully curated menu. He continues his service by bringing around smoking herbs to drive away bugs.

The food does not disappoint; be extra sure to try the pequillo-goat cheese peppers with avocado mousse and house made focaccia. We started with this dish and it was a huge winner!

We are sad we didn't find this place sooner, but excited to share it with all our friends who return to Tulum every year. Enjoy!

4  Thank Sybey
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My wife and I recently had dinner here and must say that it was amazing! Entrée, mains and Dessert were wonderful. Beautifully cooked and presented, with exceptional taste to match. Using organically grown fruit and veg was pleasant also. The staff were second to none with their knowledge, hospitality and service. The restaurant itself has a great little atmosphere and the cocktails were the best we had during our stay in Tulum. Highly recommend!!!

1  Thank StephenHammo