“Vacay”

Hotel Playa Kin Ha
Ranked #78 of 96 Hotels in Tulum
“Vacay”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Everything was very nice except for the rooms were quite shabby and expect bugs in your room. Its a good location but there is only way to town is a taxi that can cost $6 to $8 every time. Also taxis to and from the airport are really expensive and the hotel does not offer any shuttle or provide any type of service to get you to a bus. So we ended up spending almost $200 USD for taxi service to take me and a friend to and from the airport. There is a local bus on that road but they completely ignored us and were told that taxis do not take well to local buses picking up tourists bc the locals need it more than the tourists????
The beach is GREAT. The kitchen is good and reasonably priced compared to other restaurants around. Mateos is a good place to see live music and close by. Also, do not forget to visit Centro Tulum for a bit of night life and hippie lifestyle. We did manage to take a local bus in Centro Tulum to play de Carmen for 40 pesos. Playa is worth it to check it out!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Nice hotel right on the beach. Just spent 3 days at Kin Ha Playa and had a great time. The beach is beautiful and quiet. A perfect place to relax and enjoy nature. Good size room, clean sheets and towels. Complimentary bottled water was a plus. Excellent food and drinks at the restaurant on location. WiFi signal was strong most of the time. Friendly staff made us feel at home. Thank you all, especially Ray and Alessio. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rosali2014
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Beautiful small hotel on one of the most spectacular beaches ever, never overcrowded, even during X-mas break....simple but spotless rooms, excellent restaurant with fresh food, friendly staff, makes you feel special .... this must be paradise! Thanks to all of you!
Oh, by the way.....my only problem was that I HAD to get up every morning in order to watch the sun rise over the ocean!!!

Room Tip: You have to chose an ocean view room....it's definitely worth it!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 488chris52
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed in room 2, one of the three rooms with an Ocean view. The room was clean, good size, and had a nice bathroom. Don't expect luxury, this hotel is all about good service and simple things. Sleeping with the window open and the ocean breeze and the sound of waves was amazing. The room has a fan and electricity outputs. The hotel is small and cute, with four umbrellas literally in front of it on the beach. The beach is stunning, and even when busy, this little slice of heaven remains quiet. The staff are great, very helpful and always smiling. The restaurant and bar are open all day and great for a quick lunch, an afternoon margarita or a delicious dinner. I had a great time here and if you're looking for a simple, relaxing vacation hosted by good people, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend Ocean facing rooms, makes all the difference.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GdBuffalo
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I just finished spending three nights at Hotel Kin Ha on the beach. I had a partial ocean view room, and it was more than suitable. The room was spotless and soap and shampoo are provided. If you are expecting fancy, don't bother. The furnishings are what I would call Mexican shabby chic. What makes up for this is the cheerful and friendly attitude of the hotel and restaurant staff. There is none of this Tulum snootiness that I've experienced at some of the other hotels in the area. The food and the service in the restaurant is excellent. Even if you order only one beer, you'll get some delicious bread and hummus. I had the seafood pasta salad which so freaking good! Be sure to ask Ray to make you one of his yummy mango daquiris. They are tasty and strong! You get two mixed drinks during happy hour.

The beach in front is very nice! There are plenty of loungers and shade, plus guests here don't play the towel game. The wifi signal is strong in the restaurant. I didn't expect to get one in my room, but I got a weak signal, but it was adequate for checking email.

I left the cleaning person a $50 peso tip under a pillow. I had left a mess in my room. Upon my return, the bill was left on the nightstand! This was a very pleasant surprise! I will definitely be back. The exemplary personal service at this hotel reminds me of how the Alhambra hotel in Playa del Carmen used to be. (It's been sold and undergoing remodeling) I would have stayed an additional night but they were booked! I will definitely be back for another stay. Thank you Alessio, Berenice, Corina, Liz, José, Juanita, and the rest of the staff at Playa Kin Ha for making my mini vacation a delightful one.

When you book a room do it via their website. You will get a better deal!

Room Tip: The jungle/partial ocean view rooms are fine. I had an upstairs room and it gets a nice breeze off...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank BigMexicofan
Enschede, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Came here for the first time. A bit expensive in comparison to others in Tulum pueblo, but quite clean and lots of space in the room for our stuff. We don't need much: a bed, bathroom and some closets and shelves because of our dive equipment and good ventilation. Breakfast is a plus. Also a private parking place at the hotel was a nice bonus.

The shower was nice, but the only ventilation of the bathroom is trough the bathroom door into the bedroom. AC was not really effective, but did it's job eventually (with lots of noise). Double doors with mosquito netting in the inner doors provided lots of ventilation. However didn't fully keep the mosquitoes out. Just sleep with the fan on the lowest setting to keep them away from you.

Breakfast from 8.30am. Two slices of toast with butter and/or jam, a cup of coffee or tea and a glass of juice. Too late and too little for me, but if you see it as an extra it's okay.

As with most places in Tulum, speaking Spanish is a big help, but in the afternoon there is also English speaking staff.

Room Tip: We took the large room with two double beds and AC. It was fine for us. Can be noisy dependent on yo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed February 28, 2014

After reading the reviews on here, I was a little apprehensive about my stay. However, when I arrived I was pleasantly suprised. The room was perfect! Nothing too luxurious, but decent and clean! The view of the beach from the room was amazing!! The beach its self was perfect! The restraunt was good for breakfast! The staff was great and went above and beyond! I couldn't have asked for much more!
If your priority is getting some beach time and enjoying views from your room, this place will work just fine!!

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room with an Ocean view, as they do have a few that don't have ocean...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple