All reviews beautiful beach yoga classes in the morning guacamole laid back chicken tacos two nights boca paila water pressure sound of the waves palm trees ceiling fan peace and quiet tulum beach lounge chairs beach towels mayan ruins beach area
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

We came here for the beach ( it was recommended to us by some friends and we loved the place, the staff and mostly the food!

You can find this place at about 6 km from the intersection before the public and private beaches. It’s a very nice private beach where you have free parking, you can enjoy the chairs/ beds on the beach for free, as long as you order something from the place.

The staff is very nice, and the food is excelent, at a very resonable price! (The prices are about the same as on the public beach, but the food is much, much better)

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

I had the most wonderful experience visiting Dos Ceibas over five different days on our recent family vacation in Tulum.
I really love Dos Ceibas and everything about the beach club and restaurant, for me it felt like I was in paradise!
The restaurant and bar Manager Perceval and his hardworking team are a credit to this wonderful establishment. They served us fantastic cocktails, cold beers, and delicious food including fresh guacamole and super tasty fresh fish and chicken tacos, all brought to us with table service when we were on the their beach chairs or in one the shaded beach bungalows. The pizza here is also delicious and I highly recommend, really light and fluffy crispy pizza bases.
I can’t flaw Dos Ceibas in any way and I really want to thank Perceval and his team for making our experience in Tulum so much more awesome. Thanks Percy! Keep up the great work and I look forward to visiting again soon.

1  Thank claytonski
Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

We loved this place. The best part about it was the super host, Percival, He went out of his way to make our family feel welcome.

The guacamole was our favourite, but also reasonably priced drinks too.

We hope to come back and stay at one of their beautifully appointed rooms next time.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank carolyn_orm
Reviewed March 23, 2019

The strip south from Tulum is being filled with extremely expensive lodging. If you are young, well to do, and like a more upscale environment, Dos Ciebas isn't the place for you.. It's laid back here, with spacious, comfortable rooms and bathrooms, really friendly staff through and through , including a hands on manager, Percival. So many staff to mention.....Miguel, Aldo, Valentine, Alejandro. The food is excellent for all meals. they have vegetarian and vegan options as well. I recommend the potato "omelette with sauteed mushrooms and spinach, or fish tacos. An excellent continental breakfast is included and for a small price, you can add to it. And there are many restaurants within walking distance. The beach is simply part of the entire beach along that stretch of the world, beautiful! . Each establishment has their own beach area , stocked with lounge chairs, big pillows and shaded raised platforms as well. The wait staff are there all day taking orders and running out food and drinks. Try the lemoncello! They make it there. Also, if you can afford it, stay in one of the 3 ocean facing rooms . The breeze is fabulous.
As for the thumping music, we were there for 8 days and only once did it start before 5:00. Most of the days, it was OK, but it could be unpleasant if you wanted just the sound of the waves. Some nights, it was quite lovely music. Many of the places on the strip play loud thumping music all day long. I'd say in general, there is a more mature clientele at Dos Ciebas with a sprinkling of young people. After seeing what else was on the strip, we were so glad we stayed here.

Room tip: The best rooms are one of 3 ocean facing ones. Avoid rooms near the generator
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

Very mixed experience here, some very friendly waiters (Valentino) here and a beautiful serene environment on my first day, then the sun came out! The pumping music started playing across a huge speaker, so loud it was impossible to read, relax and even shoving my own headphones in wouldn’t drown out the incessant base, hardly in keeping with the vibe of eco resort. I think any animal in it’s natural habitat would have run a mile!

When I politely asked if it would be possible to turn it down a little as I had quite a headache. I was told no! that’s what the owner wants and what the other people want too. Great customer service!

The general demographic of guests here was a little on the older side and I definitely saw a few leaving the beach and overheard another complain to their partner.

Loud music is not my taste and if that’s the vibe you want, then fair enough but it’s kind of why I came to Tulum rather than Cancun. It was more the general excessive volume and totally rude uncompromising attitude that made it impossible for anyone not wanting to listen, to enjoy the beach and the natural environment that I found quite upsetting.

Such a shame as I had a couple of really nice meals here and the beach itself is really nice. Spoilt by them, I guess, wanting to attract foot fall from the beach spending money in the bar.

Trip type: Traveled solo