“Eco-Fabulous!!!”

Ranked #40 of 95 Hotels in Tulum
Austin, Texas, United States
“Eco-Fabulous!!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted by Lucas, who kindly carried all our luggage to our room and refused a tip.

The rooms were in updated Palapas - the roofs were sealed which I was thankful for since it meant less spiders and creepy crawlers visiting us at night.

I was a short distance from the beautiful Tulum beach!!! Oh what a beautiful sight to walk through their lush tropical garden to step into a white sandy beach with turquoise blue waves sweeping in... ever inviting!!!

We were there for two nights and had the most amazing time! The staff were gracious and helpful in EveryWay!!!

Their restaurant served amazing healthy options, and seriously you won't need to go wonder off to another restaurant. Our server Adrian was awesome! I would go back just for him! There were ten of us and he was consistently patient and gracious with each one of us.

Stephania another staff extraordinaire! arranged a massage for me with Patricia. A must do if you have two hours to spare! Patricia uses a hybrid of methods including the ancient Mayan "sobado!" I totally recommend.

All in all this Eco-friendly Beach resort was fabulous and affordable. I am looking to returning in the future.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
London
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I loved Dos Ceibas. It's one of the lower cost places on the beach but staff are possibly the nicest people and have helped with our time in Tulum and our travels all around Mexico. The cabanas are clean and comfy. I had an amazing time in Tulum and much of it due to my stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JodieHopp
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Dos Ceibas was very chill and low-key. Good yoga class, beautiful beach, less American/touristy than many other hotels on the beach and not as overpriced. It's hot in the cabanas so ask for an extra fan. Good times, for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shira S
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I can't say enough positive things about this magical place, from the staff to our room...Mariposa, to the beach, and the restaurant. This place will always have a special place in our heart. We had a beautiful Mayan wedding there. Fabian is so great and easy to work with, along with the servers, cook, and staff. We loved Cecilia too. Fabian especially made sure our wedding day went very smooth. We were only meant to stay there two nights, our wedding night and the night after. We ended up staying 5 nights instead, because we were so content there. I highly recommend this place of all the places in Tulum, it is our favorite. It is the only place in Tulum that I know of that has a distinct magical feel - quite like no other. It is also my third year visiting Tulum and I've researched many other places. I am happiest at Dos Ceibas. We will be back here for years to come. We also really like that they have the full moon ceremony, a unique and special touch to this sacred area. We even saw sea turtles the first three nights of our stay. I cannot say enough good things about this place. Our wedding day was especially beautiful there....more beautiful than I could have even imagined. Thank you to Dos Ceibas! A truly a magical place in paradise, and thanks to Dos Ceibas unique ambiance and awesome staff our wedding was more perfect than I could have dreamed of. Oh, and Luca helped us plan a wonderful three day excursion into the Yucatan peninsula, suggesting places I had never heard of, despite much research. Very nice!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Dos Ceibas its a wonderful place to feel the real vibe of Tulum. What I like the most is that Its not pretentious but on the contrary you are in an enchanted beach forest posada that is in front of the beach! The beach is not crowded so you can feel, breath and live nature.

I highly recommend to take a blanket to the beach and enjoy the night & stars! Watching the sunrise is an unforgettable experience.!

The service is OK and the food is not outstanding (but the natural juices are!). To eat, I recommend you to go to a local & not fancy restaurant that is called "Flamingos". You can buy the food "to go" and take it to the beach for a fresh and delicious fish!

Room Tip: Cabaña #2 and that one that is on top!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We visited the Posada for 2 Nights in June. I came with my Family and we took 2 cabanas! Our experience at the posada was great, the rooms had a wonderful terrace, the breakfast was very good! But the best was the service and the distance; 10 meters from the ocean! The beach was cleaner than on a windows/mac wallpaper! The guys and the young french lady at the reception really helped us a lot with informations and answered all our questions! They were really nice and not stressed at all, all was really uncomplicated! I wanna go back there for sure! We loved our stay, the cabanas were really comfortable and the service 5 stars. We ended up leaving to the staff some swiss chocolate because we were so happy with the service! Thanks guys, see you soon again

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Miro4
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Spent a week at Dos Ceibas with one of my friends and had an amazing time. This place is paradise on Earth! The beach is absolutely beautiful, the gardens are superbe and the bungalows are very clean and rustical. Elvira and her nephew Luca are doing a great job over there. The personnel is very welcoming and friendly. Had 2 nights of "musica in vivo" de la casa! The food is also very good ! Totally recommend it and will go back for sure this winter!
Miss you Dos Ceibas!

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms are very good!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends