“Expensive massage”
Review of Maya Spa

Maya Spa
Ranked #13 of 27 Spas & Wellness in Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: Maya Spa in Tulum feels like another world - slow paced, candle-lit, and richly endowed with pleasures for our senses. Slow down and breathe fresh sea air, bury your toes in cool white sand, linger in the lapping waves of the warm Caribbean Sea. It is the perfect retreat to stimulate your senses and immerse yourself in explorations of your body's wisdom. Purify yourself with our indigenous sweat lodge and fresh tropical meals.
Reviewed January 26, 2012

On what basis they price the service, at that kind of places? Is it New York, or San Francisco, or St.Barths?! Is the real estate equally expensive? I would be quiet, if the session was outstanding, but...

5  Thank 3pleC

Reviewed January 24, 2012

This was the first time I've ever had one. It was unlike anything I've ever experienced - very worth while! Staff was friendly and professional.

1  Thank Chris G
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I had the most unique experience of my life at the Maya Spa. I had a Mayan bath up on a cliff top overlooking the ocean. It included a full body exfoliation, a bath in flower pedals and a massage. If you aren't modest, I would highly recommend this spiritual experience.

1  Thank mindfulturkey
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My friend and I wandered over to the Maya Spa looking for a massage this morning...the Spa Desk staff were welcoming and immediately scheduled us for 10:30 am. We had our massages in areas next to each other (separated by curtain) in the massage hut above the sea. Waves crashing. Yeah. It was a wonderful experience, quite healing, with two masseuses that obviously know exactly what they are doing. We just gave ourselves up to them and their excellent skills (Martha and Elvira). One hour massage was $73 (US).
Highly recommended!!

2  Thank twincitiesmom
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Great, great spa. I had a great Mayan (KaLuum) massage, which was full-body with a focus on the belly (the central location of our lifesource according to the Maya).

The Temazcal, a Mayan sweatlodge, was unforgettable. This purification ritual was skillfully lead by Marta and worked with the four elements: earth, air, fire, water. It was a magical experience that I highly recommend.

1  Thank nyctraveler070