My new husband and I stayed at Mezzanine for 6 days this April. It was fantastic. We loved every minute of our trip. We had room #4 - an ocean view room on the end of the deck furthest from the restaurant. The room was spotlessly clean with a huge, extremely comfortable bed. We could see the ocean from our bed and enjoyed using the indoor loft to store our suitcases. I would definitely recommend upgrading from the ground floor rooms, as they have absolutely no view and face the parking lot. No air conditioning in the rooms, but you don't need it. There was a great fan and a constant ocean breeze that kept us cool. The bathroom was also great with a nice rain-style shower equipped with hot water.
Things you will like about Mezzanine:
1. The rooms (I already hit on this). They are awesome.
2. The beach. White sand, turquoise blue water. Beautiful. In addition to beach access, Mezzanine also has some shaded "cabanas" and comfortable deck areas that were great for my husband and I (we both burn easily so the shade was a blessing!).
3. The food. The restaurant is fantastic. Everything we had was delicious. It might seem a bit pricey for some, although at the end of our stay, we were happy with our bill for the quality of the food we received.
4. The bar. 2 for 1 margaritas during the day. Delicious martinis. Cold beer. Enough said.
5. The ambiance. A hip atmosphere with cool music and a laid back attitude. Very relaxing.
6. The service. Vanessa from the office was extremely helpful. The waiters and barstaff were friendly and skilled. The maids always did a great job on our room.
Things you might not like about Mezzanine:
1. The constant breeze (gusty wind!) on the beach. There is a constant wind in Tulum. We liked this but others could find it annoying.
2. The Friday night party. Be mentally prepared for this. It is LOUD.
3. Small pool. This did not bother us, because we swam in the ocean. If you're looking for a huge pool, this may not be the place for you. The pool they have is nice and clean and refreshing and is perfect for a quick dip, but it is tiny.
My husband and I spent some time biking around Tulum and Mezzanine has got to be one of the nicest hotels around. There were some pretty sketchy looking places. Mezzanine was safe, relaxing, romantic and just fabulous all the way around. I really can't say enough about how great our honeymoon was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Slip into the ultimate Mexican Caribbean beach vacation at stylish Mezzanine; a true contemporary Tulum boutique hotel experience with an authentic Thai restaurant and hip martini lounge. Found along Mexico's stunning Riviera Maya, just 30 minutes south of Playa del Carmen, unconventional, unexpected and ultra-cool, Mezzanine is the ideal Tulum hotel option for beach vacationers looking to experience the natural beauty of Mexico's Caribbean coastline from a minimalist and elegant setting.Expect the unexpected at Mezzanine. Come to Tulum for the white sand beaches, the Mayan ruins and the jungle adventures, stay at Mezzanine for the smooth grooves, hot fiestas, crisp cocktails and the stylish, hipster vibe. This is an adults only hotel. Children are permitted in the restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Mezzanine Colibri Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mezzanine Hotel Tulum