“a wonderful private and peaceful property” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Way Boutique Hotel

My Way Boutique Hotel
Ranked #16 of 74 Tulum B&B and Inns
Fairfax, California
“a wonderful private and peaceful property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

We loved My Way Resort. We stayed in the Horizon room which is right on the beach and we would recommend it for beach lovers.. We did have an issue with the sheets. They were very uncomfortable and apparently not of the best quality and not up to our expectation of a hotel of this caliber. The staff was VERY helpful and responsive. This hotel has only been opened for 6 months and the owners are very open to recommendations by guests. The rooms are beautifully appointed and we would recommend the hotel to others. Hopefully our issue with the bedding will be addressed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David C

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Thai first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed at My Way Luxury Resort for 5 days at the end of Feb. I can not say enough about the staff here, everyone went out of there way to help make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. I will definitely come back to My Way on our next visit to Tulum. Because this hotel only has 7 total rooms, you really do get personalized service. The rooms were very comfortable and the A/C worked perfectly, a rarity in Tulum. Because the hotel is small they do not have an on site restaurant, but they will serve your breakfast on the patio outside your room, or at the beach, whichever you prefer. They also have a limited lunch menu available served in the same manner. There are a number of very good restaurants located within easy walking distance of My Way, so getting dinner is not a problem. Take note, the bed in our room was very firm, which was fine with me, but my wife prefers a softer bed. Other than that, this hotel really was a perfect place to call home while in Tulum.

Room Tip: With only 7 rooms there really is not a bad room on the property.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JKT23
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I came here with my wife for our honeymoon. We loved it! But had one problem. We stayed in the Amanecer Suite. It has a private Jacuzzi on its roof deck, however there is no hot water. The water in the Jacuzzi was really cold, so the we did not spend any time in it at all. If we knew the Jacuzzi could not be heated we would have stayed in a different room for over $100 less a night. This room is very expensive, i'm assuming, because it has a jacuzzi. We booked that room specifically for the private jacuzzi. When we asked the staff about the water they said they will be installing something to heat the water soon. But this did not help us for our stay. We felt a little mislead by the room description on the website, because one would think that a Jacuzzi would have warm water.

This was the only problem we encountered. The staff are all fantastic and friendly. Leo was a great bartender making some delicious cocktails for us.

The resort is beautiful and comfortable with amenities that you don't always get in Tulum like 24 hour electricity and air conditioning. The resort is located on a beautiful stretch of beach, and there is enough distance between it and the resorts on either side of it, so you don't hear the noise coming from these larger resorts. It is nice for people who like some privacy. Perfect for a romantic getaway or honeymoon. We still gave the resort an excellent rating despite the Jacuzzi problem.

We had a fantastic time and love Tulum. We would definitely go back to this resort, but would check to see if they had installed a heating system in the Jacuzzi before booking the Amanecer Suite.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MyWay T, Direttore at My Way Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear guests, it has been a pleasure to meet you.We appreciate all your comments, we are working to fix the problem with the jacuzzi .We weren't prepared for that unexpected cold front very unusual in the mexican Caribbean.

We hope that in your next stay with us, we will make your permanence more enjoyable...
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

My Way is exactly as described: luxurious and quiet. There are seven rooms. We stayed in the room with an outdoor patio and roof deck view of the ocean with a pagoda bed and outdoor shower. The room is nicer than where I live and would be perfect for a very long stay. The shower had strong water pressure and plenty of hot water. There's a stove and mini bar and two separate outdoor seating areas and hammock.

The beach is very quiet, clean and private; one of the nicest areas because it's somewhat secluded from other hotels. There's nothing built to the right so what you see is mostly plants and trees. There are comfortably appointed outdoor covered chaises and the bar is a few steps away. The staff are very friendly and they made our one night stay a relaxing one.

1 Thank Mona M
Dear guest, in the name of all the staff of My Way Luxury Resort, we appreciate all the comments , we hope that in your next holiday we will have the pleasure to have you like a guest again.See you soon.
Gracias
Sausalito, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Beautiful, quaint, well located, and off the charts in terms of service and care for the guests.
Can't wait to go back. The breakfast was delicious, and the staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank KooroshO
Dear Guest,
it's very satisfying to receive such a nice comment like this. All our staff is trying to make our's guest stay as comfortable as possible.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed here over New Years 2013/14 and the bottom line was that we had a super fun, relaxing, top rate experience. The rooms are great, exactly as they look in pictures, right on the beach, modern features, with great amenities and a huge bed. The staff were super attentive, and breakfast was great. All in all, I highly recommend it for couples, and small groups of friends travelling together. I would def come back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for the room near the Kool bar. Has the best view when you wake up and look up out f your bed. P...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MyWay T, Direttore at My Way Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us...See you soon. My Way
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed here for two days in the beachfront cabana. The place was really amazing from the location perspective on the beach as well as on the hotel strip as it is close to restaurants. The staff was awesome and was going out of their way to help and get us comfortable. We've been in Tulum 5 times before and this place one of the best we've been in terms of service, accommodation and the view/access on the ocean.

Room Tip: definitely choose ocean front if it is available.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MyWay T, Direttore at My Way Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thanks very much, It has been a pleasure to have a such kind o guests like you...See you next time, Have a nice and Happy Christmas.
My Way Luxury Resort