Kore Tulum Retreat and Spa Resort
$499
Piedra Escondida(Tulum)
$182
Travelocity
La Posada Del Sol(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$250
Pacha Tulum(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$65
$57
Hotels.com
Posada Luna del Sur(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$90
Uolis Nah(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$44
Hotel Diamante K(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$184
$153
  • Beachfront
1,620 results
All reviewspool baroutdoor jacuzzihour room serviceyoga instructora short bike ridegreat poolnight lifeoverlooking the oceanmayan ruinsbeach clubpublic beachall inclusivescancun airportrelaxing vacationmexican foodfree bikesthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
995 - 1,000 of 1,620 reviews
Reviewed July 20, 2010

First and foremost let me say that to adding the word Pink to a resorts name doesn't make it Gay friendly. My soon to be Husband and I were supposed to Honeymoon at Blue Tulum in November. Our travel agent called us to advise us our Honeymoon is being canceled and we can move it to the Great Parnassus for no additional charge(I'd say not considering the DOWN GRADE it is) I am just so angry and upset right now. No offense to the owners of admirer's of the Great Parnassus but this is NOT our idea of a relaxing and romantic location. My fiance and I decided all we need for our honeymoon is a quiet sandy spot. The location we've been offered is not a comprable trade. Also, there has been NO communication from the Blue Tulum. I have called them directly and they don't know who has taken over management of the resort. Luxe Hotels has been somewhat helpful at least offering me some answers but not much resolution as to what we do next. Plus, we have NO idea who has money for the package. I am just really disgusted with the whole thing. I had spoken w/ the GM prior to our booking in regards to their poor ratings w/ this site and he assured me all was on the way up. I wonder if he knew what was coming. He is apparently no longer at the Blue Tulum so I assume not. If anyone has any info on this cluster, please let me know. We are just a poor couple starting out and need our money back before we can figure out our next steps :(

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pollyscharm
Reviewed July 4, 2010

5 star prices, 3 star rooms, 1 star service and no access to the most beautiful beach in Mexico!
The hotel is understaffed and undermanaged. We had trouble with the A/C, fan, electric outlets, door lock and TV. We tolerate malfunctions, but we expect the staff to at least try to solve issues in a timely manner. The food is mediocre at best and the few people working there, even though they were very nice, were so busy that they could not assist us with anything! It is not their fault...they had no training. They advertise Golf, but the closest course is 45 minutes away!
If you travel to Tulum, there are many other options that will enhance your vacation to that part of the World

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank ArtF1969
Reviewed July 3, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at The Blue Tulum Hotel in April. We were scouting the place as a potential venue for our wedding in 2011. We feel in love and put our deposit down. Had invitations printed, photographer booked, dress purchased. We received a phone call this week that the hotel was sold, is closing down and is re-opening as a clothing optional gay/lesbian hotel in late 2011. This decision was made awhile back and we were just informed of it now. The Great Parnassus management is taking over. They offered to hold our wedding at their hotel, but we are so disappointed in the situation that we don't want anything to do with the chain. We are having a lot of trouble getting our money back now. The Blue Tulum is STUNNING and would have been an amazing wedding venue. Now, my fiance and I are stuck fighting for our money and have to start from square one.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank kmc2124
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Starting planning a wedding at this resort and at first everything was going fine. THEN we hit a few bumps in the road and the resort has IGNORED us--does not answer emails or phone calls. They would not respond to anything since we alerted them to the problem we had. Still wrapped up in this chaos/lawsuit, so I can't say too much, but I will warn you they are DISHONEST in their policies. BEWARE.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank leelee17
Reviewed June 7, 2010

From our experience with Blue Tulum, I find it hard to believe that someone could give this place a 5 star rating, or a 1 star. Our experience was a 4, but depending on what you're after and how much you pay, I think a 3 is the most honest rating. The thing is, all the problems you read about are true, and despite some of these issues being simple and the reviews written about them being published some time ago, as recently as May 17th the problems were still there. As you read this review, know 2 things: this was our first all-inclusive experience; we'd never been to a large all-inc resort because we don't like huge crowds, so I can't compare experiences. And 2: Tulum will have an International airport by next year, meaning Blue Tulum will get much, much busier after that happens.

First, the good. Blue Tulum is beautiful. It isn't big, but we found the one pool more than enough, though it would've been nice if it was deeper than 3.5 feet. It was never crowded when we were there, unless you count the staff. I'd say there was at least 3 staff members to a guest, which is awesome. And the entire staff is really nice and friendly and they definitely seem to want to help you have a good time. The Globe restaurant, whether it's serving from a menu or buffet, is wonderful for both breakfast and lunch. Yuzu, the Japanese-themed restaurant, is pretty good--this coming from someone who hates Asian food. The Beef Maki was terrific, and the mozzerella skewers are to die for, especially with whatever that sauce they come with. The Italian place--note this is coming from someone who loves Italian and whose previous trip was to Rome--is just okay, though the lasagna was really good. The room service went back and forth--the bar b q sauce that came with the burgers was excellent. Overall, the food was never bad, usually better than average, and if you ordered something and decided you didn't like it, the staff was happy to get you something else. Also, they have pretty fast free internet access, and we were able to use it late at night and very early in the morning, which was a plus. They have a couple decent movie channels that play in English for those late nights or days when it might be raining hard out.

Now the OK parts.

The beds were always clean, but never very soft. I never woke up with pains and I slept well, but I'm not usually one to complain about a bed surface, and this wasn't that great.

We had hot water issues. We complained, they said it was fixed. It wasn't. I think they thought fixing it meant the water would immediately be hot. Even I know it takes a while to heat up. The point is, they should have had it going as soon as they picked out our room. Instead we had 2 days of lukewarm showers (it was warm out, so we didn't mind, and we thought maybe this was how showers in Mexico were), until it was really cold the third afternoon and we called the desk. They tried solving it right away, but the water wasn't actually hot until the next morning.

There is no beach. BT is up front about this, so we weren't surprised or disappointed, and the shuttle or cab trip is a quick 5 minutes. They didn't tell us the shuttle wasn't running on Tuesday, but they got us a cab right away. It really isn't a big deal unless you plan to spend most of your trip on the beach, in which case this might be a pain. But the beach they take you to is GORGEOUS.

IMPORTANT TIP: There is a section of chairs at this beach reserved for BT guests. It is small and crowded by other resorts that do the same thing. There are also boats anchored directly across from this spot, so even the water is crowded. My advice: after the shuttle lets you off near this BT area, pass it by and go SOUTH about 100 yds. until you pass the Paraiso Bar. There is a blank section of sand right before you reach a volleyball court. Each time we went to this spot and found it be free of other people in the sand and the water. A MUCH better spot than the reserved section.

Also just OK: the wedding madness. Due to an early night in thanks to some sunburn, we didn't feel the full brunt of whatever the wedding was doing to the rest of the resort, but we did see them putting up a tent with a large sound system. We never heard the music, but I doubt every guest can claim that. All in all, I would not recommend staying here if a wedding is going on. I understand that a wedding brings in a lot of $$ for BT, and if someone pays that money for their big day, they should be treated like royalty. But because BT is so small, a wedding literally takes over the entire resort, pushing you to the edges to just sit by and deal with it.

Example: after the beach, we came back to BT for a lunch at Globe. We walked in and were turned away at the door because Globe was reserved for the wedding guests only. This is a problem because at that time of day, Globe is the ONLY restaurant operating at BT. We were told that the snack bar by the pool would have the same food, so we went there. But the snack bar menu is entirely different. Think burgers and hot dogs vs. the flank steak that you can get at Globe. Not an even match, is it? And then after we ate they brought the leftovers from Globe to the snack bar once the wedding guests were done eating. Insulting, right? Imagine you were paying $1,000 a night to stay here and they did that to you. Even $360 a night would be too much to put up with that.

Because we didn't eat dinner that night, we didn't have to deal with restaurant issues, but , judging from other reviews, it probably would've been a headache.

THE BIGGEST RED FLAG: Was the family suite. DO NOT reserve the family suite. We did because, either due to a fluke in the system or blind luck, when we reserved our trip, reserving the 2 bed/2 bath/2 hot tub family suite was cheaper than a single bedroom suite. When we were shown our room, though, it was just a single. We wanted the bigger room, so I showed my confirmation emails to show that despite the low price we were paying, we actually were supposed to get a huge room of like 1,000 sq. ft.

But the receptionist said that type of room didn't even exist. She said she could give us the room next to our current room, because that is what the family suite really is. Just 2 regular rooms (and they don't even join; you would have to exit room #1 and use another card key to enter room #2). According to her, the regular rate for a single suite is $360, and at that time the family suite was going for $1,100. Meaning, just by not being a total idiot, you could actually reserve THREE regular suites for less than the price of 2 through their fraudulent family suite option. Either that, or they were lying to us.

To their credit, when I asked the receptionist to deliver my complaint to the manager, the manager happily gave us a Master suite (which is what their reservations systems had somehow confirmed us for, anyway). The master suite we had was wonderful and huge, but was not the 2 bedroom/3 bathroom one listed on the site. It was a very nice one bedroom/2 bath with 2 hot tubs (one indoor, one out) and a living room are. I don't think our room is listed on the site. IMPORTANT TIP: I wouldn't trust the site's description of your room, whatever you choose. See if you can get someone to describe it via phone or email.

IMPORTANT TIP: When we first complained about the room mix-up, the receptionist tried very hard not to give us what we wanted, despite what we had in writing. When I showed her that the BT systems had us in a Master Suite, she even told us that there were no master suites to be given out; that they were all reserved. Considering there were only like MAYBE 6 other people at BT at that time, I doubt that was true. And when I pushed and the manager gave us our Master, it was confirmed that she either was guessing or lying. So I guess the tip is, don't give up until you get what you came for.

All in all, if I had been paying $1,500 a night for this place, I would've felt royally screwed. It just isn't THAT good. But I would say that at $360, it's a steal, especially considering it's an all-inclusive (tips/drinks/food). Again, remember I say that without having done the Big resorts, so I don't know what a comparable price/experience would be. The lack of choices for dinner/lunch shouldn't be an issue for most. We were there for 9 days and the dinner options only became a LITTLE tiring by the 8th or 9th day. There's still plenty to choose from. The service has hiccups here and there, most of which I would attribute to the language barrier, but they try very, very hard. Every night we would find a new dish of little pastries in our room, which was a really nice touch that makes a big difference. I can't say how it compares to a big all-inc resort, but we loved the (except for the wedding day) emptiness of the place. The pool was never crowded, we never waited to sit for a meal. It was a very quiet place, and if that is what you want, Blue Tulum absolutely delivers. Just remember: when that airport is finished, Blue Tulum won't likely be the same place anymore.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple