“Great vacation with my partner”

Kore Tulum Retreat and Spa Resort
Ranked #31 of 95 Hotels in Tulum
Chicago, Illinois
“Great vacation with my partner”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Absolutely beautiful....awesome views, great pool. Room was spacious and bathroom large. Pictures on the website do not do it justice. The 'swim up bar' was a favorite place and the bartender, Marco, was amazing...super friendly and great at making drinks (and shots!). The staff went out of their way to meet our needs and was always friendly. Only 20 rooms were open while we were there (3/1-3/8) and the main dining area (with a buffet) was never open....each night they rotated two of three menus (asian, italian and mexican) and each of the three menus did not change. Food was well prepared and tasted good, but would have liked more options during the week. Free WiFi was near/at the front desk in the lobby only. Spa was a bit overpriced, but again staff was super friendly. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: All room/areas seemed great. We were in building 5.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was at Zenserenity for my friend's wedding. The hotel was at full capacity and executing a wedding, and was still able to provide excellent service at the same time. I was surprised at how gracious and attentive the staff was. The hotel itself was absolutely beautiful with amazing views and great food. I would definitely return for another vacation!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Montreal
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Disappointing hotel :

- air con system on roof of hotel is loud making a constant motor sound. Take a room on the lower level if you want peace & quite
- had a water leak while I stay - bathroom above me overspilled going through the ceiling.
- food is not great. You expect fresh fish but it seemed cooked from frozen.
- no beach

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Roxane11
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I was recently at the Zen Serenity for my granddaughter's wedding. The hotel they chose to have their wedding was a perfect place in every way. The views were out of this world. The staff were very accommodating, friendly and the food was excellent.

The yoga instructor, Sandra was one of the most interesting people I've met in a long time. She was a delight to talk to. The rooms were clean, comfortable and very spacious. The hot tub was a nice bonus! Hope to go back in the near future I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are spacious, bright, modern.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Yildiz H
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This place is horrible. my best friend and I stayed there originally in the summer and had such a bad experience with the blood on the sheets every night then having to wait 30mins for housekeeping to change the sheets we were given a week for free to return. when we rebooked we were told only 4 days would be free. those 4 days were Hell hurricane came through and flooded half the resort our top floor room was leaking and I personally got the water out of our room. I will say the woman in the souvenir shop was the best experience. also the front desk guys will scam you they have a deal with taxi drivers that over charge so they get a cut. all in all save your money and stay elsewhere!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
6 Thank Kronos1182
Reviewed February 21, 2014

When I first got to this resort, I thought everything was amazing. Then, within about a half hour, I realized everything was a house of cards. The shower wouldn't drain, there were cockroaches in the room, and the service is the worst service I have ever seen anywhere ever. Seriously. Some of the staff didn't even know where my villa was. We often had to ask 3-4 times for things as simple as water, and often we ordered things that never came. We were there for a wedding, so the hotel was at capacity, but even our last day, when we were literally the only table at lunch, we still had to ask 3 times for our cokes and water, and lunch took us over an hour even though we explained that the shuttle to the airport was coming and we were in a huge rush. This place has a ton of work to do if it hopes to stay afloat.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

8 Thank BoBo123456789
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I just came back from Tulum where we spent an extended weekend from Thursday through Monday at the Zenserenity Resort. The rooms are big luxurious suites and the staff could not have been more attentive or helpful. They were right on top of every one of our needs. The rooms and property were kept very clean and there were always people cleaning up and keeping things in order. Besides the food during meals there was 24hr room service and a list of classes where we could participate in Yoga, Tai Chi, meditation, etc in the Ashram. The spa offered fabulous services and Marko, the bartender, kept us all hydrated. There was always someone around us to ask if there was anything we needed. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Justttina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulum
Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
Barcelo Maya Caribe
Barcelo Maya Caribe
#12 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,103 reviews

Been to Kore Tulum Retreat and Spa Resort? Share your experiences!