“Guest”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Villa Clarita

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Toronto, Canada
“Guest”
Reviewed March 23, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

This is definitely a very lovely place to stay. Extremely clean, well-maintained and both Chris and Barbara were fantastic hosts. I really appreciated the fact that they lived there and were available to us anytime whenever we had any questions. They are super friendly and most helpful!

You can tell a lot about a place by how attentive the hosts are. And I have to say their level of attentiveness to us matched their level of attentiveness to their villa. They are very proud of what they have established there and it is clear how well they have taken care of the place.

The rooms are extremely spacious and very comfortable. The king-size beds were most appreciated as was having a separate living room area to just relax in. A very good deal overall!

cshaw049
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed March 20, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

What a wonderful apartment. Location perfect for us--near our favorite restaurant, about a 7 minute car ride to the beach. Safe, secure, quiet. Well equipped kitchen. A/C in bedroom Plenty of hot water. Nice dip pool. Comfortable bed and furniture. Wi-fi never failed. Toucans in the garden. Maya (dog) to greet us each morning. Barbara and Chris are exceptional hosts.
The only thing I would add is that 1 or 2 side tables with reading lamps would make it an excellent plus.
We hope to be able to return for a longer stay next time

Liked best: Safe and secure
Liked least: No reading lamps in living room
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Kimberly...
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Perfect place to stay”
Reviewed December 6, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

This really is a very nice place to stay and a great value for the money. I've stayed in 6+ different houses/hotels in the yucatan and none of them were as clean, new, and nice as this. The casita we stayed in was well equiped with everything we needed and plenty of room. There's a nice pool to cool off in evenings. We had a rental car but often easily walked to downtown tulum to eat and shop. The property is very private and secure. It would be an easy bike ride to the beach or a very quick taxi cab ride. We rented a different house in Tulum on our first trip there and it was not as nice as Clarita. We will definitely be staying at Clarita again. Barbara and Chris the owners are very nice and helpful with suggestions for the town, where to eat, where to snorkel, ect. One HUGE bonus for us was we were looking for property to buy and not having much luck with mexican real estate agents. When we told Barbara we were looking for property we found out she is a broker and she turned us on to available properties the mexican real estate agents said did not exist! We ended up learning of and buying a property that was twice the size of what other agents were telling us was available for the same price. If you are looking to buy property you should stay here and work with Barbara!

Liked best: Clean and secure
Liked least: nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
NY
Reviewed March 12, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
skycolora...
Colorado
“Great apartment, close to town”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband and I rented Villa Clarita for a month starting in January 2014. It is close to town - very easy to walk. Barbara and Chris are a lovely couple and we arranged for them to pick us up at the Cancun airport. On the way back, they stopped at the supermarket so we couple pick up essentials to get us through the first few days. Nice! Chris also took care of picking up 20litre bottles of water and delivering them to the apartment to help us out. They are very helpful in giving recommendations to restaurants in the area, also. They also have a really cute, friendly dog that helped ease our "doggie fix" from missing our dog!

The apartment is located in a quiet neighborhood and had everything we needed for our stay. There was some occasional noise at night, but MUCH LESS than if you were staying closer to town. The AC at night kept the bedroom cool and was great "white noise" to cover any outside noise. The swimming pool was a welcome respite after returning from the beach!

Others have complained that it is far from the beach but we found it easy to walk to the colectivo station and take the shared van to the beach and return to "centro" Tulum. Taxis are readily available for a higher cost. There are lots of restaurants in walking distance to the apartment and the supermarket (Chedraui) is about a 3.5 KM walk which we did many times.

We look forward to returning to Tulum and would definitely rent Villa Clarita again!

Liked best: Location
Liked least: If you are staying for long term and want to cook more, it could use a few more cooking utensils/pans and maybe a pitcher.
Nobark
Norfolk, Connecticut
“clean, nice, friendly”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

Barbara and Chris have built a lovely small condo complex in Tulum. The condo was clean, light, and airy. The owners could not have been more friendly and helpful.
The only problem was the neighborhood noise at night--but the A/C (which worked well) drowned this out.

lovemexic...
Tulum, Mexico
“What a wonderful stay!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

and what a wonderful place! The quiet environment or clean and well-equipped house are not the only reasons. What means much much more than that is the owners and people I meet here. They are all so warm, nice, kind and made my stay a lot more wonderful that I'd expeced. The owners are very attentive, always pay attention to the property, manage it well with a great care, and make sure the guests' stay is comfortable and satisfying.

As others have written, ok it's a bit far from the beach but you always have options of renting a bike or a car and it's only some kilometers (10 minutes by car and 30 minutes by bike). Some of you may find it a little too far but, give it a second thought. Will you ever be in a rush when you come down here? No. 10 minutes or 30 minutes? It's just a tiny bit of time.
The longer I stayed, the more I got to like it, and after 3 weeks I'm more than happy and satisfied with my stay here.

Compared to all the expensive hotels along the beach, the rent of Villa Clarita is very reasonable. To think about its quality including warmest welcome and cozy stay, it's amazingly cheap.

Think about staying at Villa Clarita. I definitely recommend it to all of you. I, myself, will surely come back here the next time I visit Tulum!

I ranked "Greatr" in the "How helpful were the directions to the property?" column, but note that the map shown on the tripadvisor webside is wrong.
No worries though. Ask the owner for the direction and I bet she will guide you perfectly.
I asked for the airport pickup and they'd already been waiting for me when I arriveed.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owners and the comfortable stay thanks to them.
Liked least: Hard to answer but.... if I had to write one, ... I'd say the distance from the beach.
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing