“Great apartment, close to town”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Villa Clarita

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
skycolora...
Colorado
“Great apartment, close to town”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband and I rented Villa Clarita for a month starting in January 2014. It is close to town - very easy to walk. Barbara and Chris are a lovely couple and we arranged for them to pick us up at the Cancun airport. On the way back, they stopped at the supermarket so we couple pick up essentials to get us through the first few days. Nice! Chris also took care of picking up 20litre bottles of water and delivering them to the apartment to help us out. They are very helpful in giving recommendations to restaurants in the area, also. They also have a really cute, friendly dog that helped ease our "doggie fix" from missing our dog!

The apartment is located in a quiet neighborhood and had everything we needed for our stay. There was some occasional noise at night, but MUCH LESS than if you were staying closer to town. The AC at night kept the bedroom cool and was great "white noise" to cover any outside noise. The swimming pool was a welcome respite after returning from the beach!

Others have complained that it is far from the beach but we found it easy to walk to the colectivo station and take the shared van to the beach and return to "centro" Tulum. Taxis are readily available for a higher cost. There are lots of restaurants in walking distance to the apartment and the supermarket (Chedraui) is about a 3.5 KM walk which we did many times.

We look forward to returning to Tulum and would definitely rent Villa Clarita again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: If you are staying for long term and want to cook more, it could use a few more cooking utensils/pans and maybe a pitcher.
Nobark
Norfolk, Connecticut
“clean, nice, friendly”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

Barbara and Chris have built a lovely small condo complex in Tulum. The condo was clean, light, and airy. The owners could not have been more friendly and helpful.
The only problem was the neighborhood noise at night--but the A/C (which worked well) drowned this out.

lovemexic...
Tulum, Mexico
“What a wonderful stay!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

and what a wonderful place! The quiet environment or clean and well-equipped house are not the only reasons. What means much much more than that is the owners and people I meet here. They are all so warm, nice, kind and made my stay a lot more wonderful that I'd expeced. The owners are very attentive, always pay attention to the property, manage it well with a great care, and make sure the guests' stay is comfortable and satisfying.

As others have written, ok it's a bit far from the beach but you always have options of renting a bike or a car and it's only some kilometers (10 minutes by car and 30 minutes by bike). Some of you may find it a little too far but, give it a second thought. Will you ever be in a rush when you come down here? No. 10 minutes or 30 minutes? It's just a tiny bit of time.
The longer I stayed, the more I got to like it, and after 3 weeks I'm more than happy and satisfied with my stay here.

Compared to all the expensive hotels along the beach, the rent of Villa Clarita is very reasonable. To think about its quality including warmest welcome and cozy stay, it's amazingly cheap.

Think about staying at Villa Clarita. I definitely recommend it to all of you. I, myself, will surely come back here the next time I visit Tulum!

I ranked "Greatr" in the "How helpful were the directions to the property?" column, but note that the map shown on the tripadvisor webside is wrong.
No worries though. Ask the owner for the direction and I bet she will guide you perfectly.
I asked for the airport pickup and they'd already been waiting for me when I arriveed.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owners and the comfortable stay thanks to them.
Liked least: Hard to answer but.... if I had to write one, ... I'd say the distance from the beach.
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
NYC
Reviewed June 3, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
mexico city
Reviewed May 30, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Older travelers
amsterdam
Reviewed April 25, 2013 for a stay in December 2012

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Carla M
Vancouver, Canada
“Our expectations were exceeded at Villa Clarita.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 for a stay in January 2013
person found this review helpful

We found this place through an online search. We wanted to be close to the beach, the centre and have a quiet environment at the same time. We found all this and more at Villa Clarita. We had warm, caring hosts that helped us make the right choices for getting around. There was not only the beach, rightfully considered one of the best worldwide, but also a few cenotes very close by. For lazy times we had a swimming pool right in the yard. The facilities are brand new , modern and spotless clean.We can't wait to be back!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing