“Great place but watch out for credit card fraud!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa

Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa
Ranked #41 of 91 Hotels in Tulum
San Francisco, California
“Great place but watch out for credit card fraud!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We have been to Tulum a few times and really liked Ana y Jose so much that we suggested it to all of our wedding guests as a first choice accommodation. Our guests loved everything about it until they got back to the US and found that their credit card information had been stolen. Two of our guests used the ATM at Ana y Jose and had their card information stolen, and one other used his card to pay his hotel bill, and his card was stolen.

So be careful!!! Don't use their ATM or pay with a credit card, pay with cash! In fact you may not want to use any ATMs on the strip because this is a common problem. Go into town to one of the banks and get cash.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelincam
Ana y Jose T, Public Relations Manager at Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for your time in review our stay, we love to hear our vacation stories.
About your credit card we highly recommend that you contact your bank, ATM machines are in independent companies that not belong to the hotel, we will report this issue also.

ANA YJOSE TULUM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I went with my fiancé and it was an incredible experience, everything was perfect, from the food to every grain of sand. The coziness of the rooms made me feel at home while being in paradise. Imagine waking up and walking just a couple of steps from your room to one of the most wonderful beaches in world. This hotel is really one of a kind and I would recommend it to anybody who wants to experience something unique and beautiful.

Room Tip: Beach from suites
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ana y Jose T, Public Relations Manager at Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Ana, thank you for your nice words about your stay in Ana y Jose, we love to set every thing ready to our guest to have a great experiences

regards

ANA Y JOSE
TULUM
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I almost changed my reservation for staying at this hotel after reading other peoples poor reviews, I am so glad we didn't. My husband and I stayed for 3 nights here in Tulum at Ana y Jose before going to Playa del Carmen for the rest of our trip. The staff was great and very helpful, the internet worked perfectly the entire stay, the rooms were nice and cool with great A/C. We stayed in a garden room and it was beautifully decorated, very clean and quiet. The location on the beach was perfect. I would highly recommend this hotel. The only thing I would not recommend is the restaurant there. Poor service and not very good food. There are so many other good places to eat. Some of the best meals we have ever had, we enjoyed while staying in Tulum. Posada Margherita, Mezzanine, El Tabano were all excellent dinners. Breafast right next door at Ziggys was great too. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie W
For your time to review your stay with us we thank you so much…we love to welcome you again in Ana y Jose.

Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This restaurant is in a resort that looks super luxurious and had been recommended by local friends. True , the location is really nice and you eat with your feet in the sand, but the service the night we went really wasn`t good. The waiter acted like he had somewhere better to be , we thought maybe it was just him but friends from our hotel eating there the same night said their waitress was equally obnoxious. The food was pretty good but we were just put off by the low standard of service, waiting ages for drinks and food and indifferent attitude of staff. Pity, because it could have been really great, but is was expensive, which we wouldn`t have minded if the service matched the location and food.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank samdesign
aliveunique, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your time in review your restaurant experience, we will follow up in our service to get better every time.

Tulum
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

great spot on the beach. very average rooms. food is so-so. staff is not very helpful. didn't carry out much of what was advertised for new years eve. found other places on the beach with wonderful food. will certainly go back to Tulum.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ana y Jose T, Public Relations Manager at Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your time in review our stay with us, we love to read your comments and follow up on your suggestions that guide us to welcome you much better next time in Tulum.

Bristol, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This holiday was spent with my husband, son, and his wife. The last week of our stay was at Ana y Jose'. Upon our arrival, we were delighted with the location of our room. We stayed in the ocean front Jr. Suite that is located directly in front of the beach and just a few more feet to the water's edge. But, we soon realized that there were things that we hadn't expected... the suite and verandah were very small, the lighting in the bathroom was extremely dim, the internet was almost useless, and the location of my son's suite was set in the middle of the area where everyone walks to the beach and directly in front of the restaurant. Not as charming or intimate has we had anticipated, for sure.
Turn-down service was very well done. No problem with that service and greatly appreciated.
As we walked around the facility (extremely small), I noticed that the standard rooms were unacceptably close to each-other, with balcony's facing the building just a few feet away (no view whatsoever). Had this been a room that I had paid considerably for, I would have been sick.
There is a Restroom Facility located next to the Entrance Walkway that reeked of sewage through-out the entire stay. I think that this is permanent, and not just an unusual occurrence. The swimming pool is very small and really doesn't add to the property. That area would have been much more wisely utilized, had they spread the buildings out and offered their guests a better experience.
The restaurant at the resort was extremely over-priced and the food quality was the worst we had eaten while in Mexico. The service was okay, with the exception of one morning during breakfast... I had ordered the fruit plate with bacon. The young lady that brought our food to the table didn't speak English, and I didn't receive my meal with the others. I told her that I wanted the Fruit Plate and she related the "order" to my server. A few moments later, the server came to the table and surprisingly proceeded to rudely explain that I could only order one meal and that it would be to the table when it was ready (it was just fruit)!
I told her that I did not make an additional order, I was just trying to find out about the order I had previously placed. She was very argumentative and even her body language was confrontational. It was at this point that I told her to please leave, I would be happy to WAIT for my breakfast to arrive, even though it was the last to be brought to the table. A few minutes later, I saw her speaking with the Manager. She was pointing at me and gesturing with her arms in the same confrontational manner she had displayed at our table. A few minutes later, she came over and "apologized", but in a fashion that said I had done something wrong??? Needless to say, this was our last meal at Ana y Jose'.
Overall, the service was mediocre. Certainly not close to what we had experienced at Secrets Capri in Playa del Carmen. It seemed that any need our group had, was never satisfied (and we aren't difficult people to please).
I have stayed in several different countries and in a variety of accommodations. This was by far, the most disappointing. If we go back to Tulum, it most certainly will not be at this over-priced property. There are many others that are less expensive and much more accommodating to choose from within walking distance from this one.

Room Tip: Consider another resort, with rainy day activities to offer. This one does not justify the price tha...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laura_mauigirl_1
Ana y Jose T, Manager at Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for your time in review your experience with us, the amenities in our cabañas are set up on different ways to please a world of request options, we will review our restaurant service and get better every day for all of you.

Best wishes
Lascassas, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I spent a much needed vacation last week at Ana y Jose Charming Hotel and Spa. The guestrooms, grounds, beach and service were just superb. Weren't aware when we planned the trip that September and October are the rainy months there, but it was no problem at all. We were able to chill to the point that any thoughts of shopping, excursions, etc. were out the window. The beach there is the most beautiful I've ever seen and is maintained to the max. Hotel employees could be seen early in the morning raking the little bit of seaweed that had dared to wash up in the surf. The drinks were TOO good, and while we didn't have dinner there, the breakfasts were great. Loved the place!

Room Tip: We stayed in Brisa del Mar. Right on the beach, king bed, no stairs to negotiate. The pool was rig...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ana y Jose T, Manager at Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank your for your time in review your stay, we love to hear that you had wonderful time, we hope to welcome you again in tulum....