This holiday was spent with my husband, son, and his wife. The last week of our stay was at Ana y Jose'. Upon our arrival, we were delighted with the location of our room. We stayed in the ocean front Jr. Suite that is located directly in front of the beach and just a few more feet to the water's edge. But, we soon realized that there were things that we hadn't expected... the suite and verandah were very small, the lighting in the bathroom was extremely dim, the internet was almost useless, and the location of my son's suite was set in the middle of the area where everyone walks to the beach and directly in front of the restaurant. Not as charming or intimate has we had anticipated, for sure.
Turn-down service was very well done. No problem with that service and greatly appreciated.
As we walked around the facility (extremely small), I noticed that the standard rooms were unacceptably close to each-other, with balcony's facing the building just a few feet away (no view whatsoever). Had this been a room that I had paid considerably for, I would have been sick.
There is a Restroom Facility located next to the Entrance Walkway that reeked of sewage through-out the entire stay. I think that this is permanent, and not just an unusual occurrence. The swimming pool is very small and really doesn't add to the property. That area would have been much more wisely utilized, had they spread the buildings out and offered their guests a better experience.
The restaurant at the resort was extremely over-priced and the food quality was the worst we had eaten while in Mexico. The service was okay, with the exception of one morning during breakfast... I had ordered the fruit plate with bacon. The young lady that brought our food to the table didn't speak English, and I didn't receive my meal with the others. I told her that I wanted the Fruit Plate and she related the "order" to my server. A few moments later, the server came to the table and surprisingly proceeded to rudely explain that I could only order one meal and that it would be to the table when it was ready (it was just fruit)!
I told her that I did not make an additional order, I was just trying to find out about the order I had previously placed. She was very argumentative and even her body language was confrontational. It was at this point that I told her to please leave, I would be happy to WAIT for my breakfast to arrive, even though it was the last to be brought to the table. A few minutes later, I saw her speaking with the Manager. She was pointing at me and gesturing with her arms in the same confrontational manner she had displayed at our table. A few minutes later, she came over and "apologized", but in a fashion that said I had done something wrong??? Needless to say, this was our last meal at Ana y Jose'.
Overall, the service was mediocre. Certainly not close to what we had experienced at Secrets Capri in Playa del Carmen. It seemed that any need our group had, was never satisfied (and we aren't difficult people to please).
I have stayed in several different countries and in a variety of accommodations. This was by far, the most disappointing. If we go back to Tulum, it most certainly will not be at this over-priced property. There are many others that are less expensive and much more accommodating to choose from within walking distance from this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush, tropical vegetation amid the Mayan jungle, emerges Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa © as one of the legendary lodging treats in Tulum, Mexico. Indulge yourself into a calmer pace of vacation where natural treasures await for you. Relax on the white sand beach, swim in the turquoise Caribbean Sea, and enjoy the warm ambiance of this unique hotel thought for people who know what they deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Jetsetter, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana y Jose Charming Hotel And Spa
- Ana y Jose Charming Hotel Tulum