We stayed here in April of 2013 for 10 days and had a great time. We stayed in the room Amanacer which was a little bungalow steps from the beach. The room was cute and quaint and we found that the restaurant and beach staff was super friendly and fun. We had a few favorites and tipped them well. The only glitch we had was with the housekeeping. The first day we hung out the sign to clean our room at 8:00am and it did not get cleaned until 6:00pm. Other days it was 2:00-3:00pm before housekeeping came and sometimes only after we would call the front desk and one or two days they came mid morning. We always hung the housekeeping sign out around 8:00am. It was kind of difficult to feel like you could shower, change, nap etc. in the middle of the day if housekeeping had not been there. Also, one day only one bath towel was left, some days the bottle of complimentary water was not left (important in Mexico) and sometimes the mini bar water was not replenished. We called the front desk mid trip about these issues but it didn't seem to change the service. I have stayed at less expensive places while traveling and had consistent housekeeping. I would note that we traveled with two other couples and they did not have any issues with housekeeping. On our departure date we called for late checkout (1:00pm) and was told it was not a problem and when I went to settle the bill at noon they did not have it written down and told us that housekeeping needed to get into our room right away to clean it for the next guest. I wish we could have had that kind of service throughout our stay. I would go back here to stay with some reservations. They really just need to get their housekeeping consistent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush, tropical vegetation amid the Mayan jungle, emerges Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa © as one of the legendary lodging treats in Tulum, Mexico. Indulge yourself into a calmer pace of vacation where natural treasures await for you. Relax on the white sand beach, swim in the turquoise Caribbean Sea, and enjoy the warm ambiance of this unique hotel thought for people who know what they deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana y Jose Charming Hotel And Spa
- Ana y Jose Charming Hotel Tulum