After one too many disappointing dinner meals at our hotel (that review is forthcoming), we ventured out to check out a few of the more highly recommended Tulum restaurants here on TripAdvisor. We found a few very worthwhile spots, including the restaurant at Ana y Jose.
First, know that we did not stay at the hotel. We only dined at their restaurant one evening.
Second, know that this is a kid-friendly hotel. If you aren't kid friendly yourself, you may not want to dine at the restaurant, or at least not outside. Expect kids in bathing suits to be running around.
That said, the food we had was good. There is a Mexican flavor across the menu but you can do well with both seafood and non-seafood. I had the arrachera steak and my sig other had the lobster tail. We both liked what we had but I think I would recommend Casa Banana for steak over the options at Ana y Jose. Had I done it over again, I would have gone for the fish tacos. For an appetizer we tried their equivalent of a caprese salad (tomato, manchego, avocado, olive oil) and found it to be pretty tasty. They also supply a huge bread basket so if you want to save the ~100 pesos on your appetizer, you can pig out on fresh bread and breadsticks with garlic butter spread. We also had a Mexican sauvignon blanc, and while it was nothing breathtaking it was refreshing after a long warm day outdoors. There are about a half dozen reds and half dozen whites on their wine list.
The setting is quite pretty, especially if you dine outdoors and at the right time of day as we did. You're perched up a bit off the water. Palm trees line along the beach in front of you. We were there for a sunset and it was just gorgeous (see our photo).
If we had more time on this trip, I think we'd go back for a repeat of the sunset and seafood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush, tropical vegetation amid the Mayan jungle, emerges Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa © as one of the legendary lodging treats in Tulum, Mexico. Indulge yourself into a calmer pace of vacation where natural treasures await for you. Relax on the white sand beach, swim in the turquoise Caribbean Sea, and enjoy the warm ambiance of this unique hotel thought for people who know what they deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana y Jose Charming Hotel And Spa
- Ana y Jose Charming Hotel Tulum