I loved Ana y Jose. It took me forever to pick the hotel, but I am so glad we landed here - and the construction allegations are nonsense. There was nothing going on, it couldn't have been more peaceful.
We arrived to be picked up in a nice car, taken for a pleasant drive to paradise. Everyone was nice and friendly, available but never pushy.
Everything went smoothly and as they said. Getting food, massage appointments, advice to where to do yoga.. it was all good.
The hotel is above my needs as far as amenities, we didn't use the air conditioning or mini bar, but for the comfort, generous room size and sense of safety with small children (7 and 9), I felt it was worth the extra. and it's on a great part of the beach!! Amazing beach and ocean, big waves, but warm and shallow so it's fun and safer than most. The hotel is also very very clean and well maintained, in a elegant understated way.
Most people didn't have children, and it always felt quiet and calm, but you never felt awkward for having yours there because the sound was all dampened by the ocean waves - and the kids were happy enough to go from pool to beach and back all day because it's just so beautiful and all right there. We were only there 5 days so we didn't rent a car, but probably would next time to see some more of the surroundings.
The food was nice, but nothing too exciting, but absolutely good and fresh. We found great eating at the nearby hotels, but always was happy that we were actually staying in ours.
Only recommendations I would make is maybe to provide more clean water without charge, that seems a bit petty, and to improve WIFI which they are working on - and to maybe offer a little more depth in the menu. Last note, which is not related to the hotel, but our sad world, is how tragically our ocean is full of garbage. They do an amazing job cleaning the beach but it's there in the water, and it's sad, but that has been everywhere I have been in the past three years. We all need to stop using plastic and take more responsibility for our consumption.
But I felt like the hotels in the area do try to make a minimal impact and I liked the overall feeling and awareness, and in turn the type of people that this attracts. I could never stay at one of those all-inclusives because they are so wasteful and decadent.
Great hotel and vacation, thank you!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush, tropical vegetation amid the Mayan jungle, emerges Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa © as one of the legendary lodging treats in Tulum, Mexico. Indulge yourself into a calmer pace of vacation where natural treasures await for you. Relax on the white sand beach, swim in the turquoise Caribbean Sea, and enjoy the warm ambiance of this unique hotel thought for people who know what they deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana y Jose Charming Hotel And Spa
- Ana y Jose Charming Hotel Tulum