“Outstanding”

Unico
Ranked #32 of 558 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: NO LONGER LOCATED ON THE BEACH. We are now open at our new location on the main Tulum Avenue in Tulum Town. We continue to offer the best dining experience in Tulum. We make everything possible from scratch using the best local ingredients available. Join us for Happy Hour daily from 3:30-6:30. We are currently opening at 3:30 until 11:00. Come try our exclusive eight course tasting menu featuring local flavors and ingredients. Stop by and give our delicious food a try, you won't be disappointed!
Reviewed January 28, 2019 via mobile

The pricing in downtown Tulum is lower than it is on the coastal strip, which largely is more gourmet.

Unico is downtown, gourmet, and extraordinarily well priced.

The crab dip was the best thing I ate while in Tulum (and my wife and I touched the entire spectrum from cheap to elevated).

The fresh catch (Red Snapper) and Papadelle were both delicious and well prepared. Don’t miss this place.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 4, 2019

Great service, good ratio price/quality and the food was really good. Getting a reservation was actually possible - compared to other places

Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

We were lucky to get a table on nye as a lot of places were booked out. This place was recommended to us by our hotel. We loved the food. I had the pork and my partner had the pasta.. We would recommend.. Good service also..

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 26, 2018

We went here on Christmas night, so they had the main menu, but a specific Christmas menu as well. We ended up mixing and matching dishes, and had a terrific meal overall, though I don’t know if some of those dishes will be available on a regular basis. I will try to go back before we leave Tulum, so it was clearly great on some levels. The lasagna with peas and asparagus was awesome, and my kids nearly stabbed me as I tried to get my goat cheese and honey fritter. Given Christmas, we overordered, and I still thought it was a bargain. If we went back, and just ordred off the menu, it would be a huge bargain, compared to some of the restaurants down on the beach. I will say, as much as I loved it, I can’t give it a 5 with a wine list that is basically a non-starter. Their food needs wine, and it’s just a shame that they don’t have a list to go with it. Either way, I will go back; it is great.

Reviewed December 19, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner on our first day in Tulum. Food was really nice. Guacamole was the best we have had in a long time and the salad with spinach and citrus was very refreshing. The patatas bravas were crispy and hot. We shared our main course of pork belly which was very flavorful, served on top of some lentils. We had no desserts. Service was nice and timely.