“Outstanding foodGreat service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Unico

Unico
Ranked #11 of 386 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: NO LONGER LOCATED ON THE BEACH. We are now open at our new location in Tulum Town. We continue to offer the best dining experience in Tulum. We make everything possible from scratch using the best local ingredients available. Join us for Happy Hour daily from 3-6. We are currently opening at 3:00 until 11:00. Come try our exclusive eight course tasting menu featuring local flavors and ingredients. Stop by and give our delicious food a try, you won't be disappointed!
Tulum, Mexico
“Outstanding foodGreat service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

My family and I have just been to Unico and not knowing what to expect I was blow away the menu is among the shorter ones but what they lack in quantity they sure do make up for in quality... All I can say is I will be dreaming of fried goat cheese in honey and rosemary, octopus and chocolate lava cake <3
Thank you Brian for makeing my day and you Huvertos/gili(forgive me if I misspelled you name;).) For recommending UNICO.
When I return to mexico I will return to Unico for sure.

Greetings & Recommendations from Tobias Løhndorf
Denmark

• Visited February 2014

London, England
“We love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

The food at Unico is fabulous. The chef, Brian, takes the freshest of ingredients and creates dishes to remember. Whether it is the catch of the day, or the home made pasta, the hummous with pickled vegetables, or the molten lava chocolate pudding....the quality of the food kept us coming back for more!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank TheWanderer35
“We went twice!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Ok, we have been going to Tulum for 8 years every February. One of the best, if not thee best dinners ever!! Starters where out standing. My wife had the beet salad both visits. Fish for her, shrimp pasta for me all were perfect!! If you don't go just once on a weeks stay, your missing out. We had to go twice, it's that good.

Visited February 2014
Texas
“Nice place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

One of the things about Tulum joints is that you are inevitably met with the decision of something expensive on beach road vs. something cheaper, but perhaps less upscale, in town. Sure, there are times that one of those alternatives is just fine and I've had some great meals at both ends of that spectrum, but Unico strikes a balance between those two extremes.

We were there about two weeks ago on a cold, cold, cold night. Food was great, service was good, and we really enjoyed talking to the owner. Goat cheese appetizer, lobster ravioli, and the chicken were our selections. I think we also had a flourless chocolate cake for dessert.

We'll be back, but hopefully on a warmer night.

• Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“A little bit of New York in Tulum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Unico is a relatively new restaurant in Tulum by all accounts. The head chef, Brian, is from New York so he brings a bit of the Big Apple to Tulum town. Just North of the main drag Unico is a bright, spacious restaurant with a nice ambience.

The menu is a manageable size dominated by international cuisine which is just what we were after. I opted for the Beetroot salad to start and a cheeseburger for my main. My wife opted for the Lobster Ravioli.

The beetroot was served with goats cheese, candied pecans and a raspberry dressing. It was really lovely if not a tad generous for a starter. That said it was eaten.

My burger was great. The meat was seasoned well and served on a homemade bun which was a little dry and crumbly for my liking but very tasty nonetheless. The burger was served with fantastic skin on fries. My wife's Lobster Ravioli was very tasty and served with a lovely, delicate sauce. Great mains.

For dessert we opted for the Dulce Leche Bread Pudding which was sweet and moreish and a lovely way to end a great meal.

Unico has a decent selection of wines and you can try most, if not all, by the glass. I finally got to try some Mexican red wine. A bold and fruity Nebbiolo and a medium bodied Cabernet Sauvignon. Both were really good BUT BEWARE, even by UK standards, they're pricey by the glass. MXN$150+ per glass so make sure you ask in advance as they increased the price of the bill quite substantially. If Unico could get a few Mexican craft beers on the menu they'd be laughing.

All in all a fantastic meal, if not the best we had in Tulum. Highly recommend.

Visited January 2014