“Excellent snorkel trip with Lucky Fish”
Review of Lucky Fish Diving

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lucky Fish Diving
Reviewed April 3, 2005

We snorkeled with Chris at Hidden Worlds during our fabulous Yucatan vacation in March of 2005. It was by far the best experience of our vacation. Chris is a very experienced cave diver but he took his time with us novice snorkelers to explain the history, geology, ecology, flora and fauna on the cenote and the surrounding area. Chris also recommended several other cenotes and lagoons for us to snorkel the rest of the week. Whether you are a serious diver or a beginning snorkeler you need to visit with Chris!

14  Thank Michael221
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 5, 2004

I came to Mexico a snorkeler and left being PADI (scuba) certified. Excellent one-on-one attention. My two confined water dives were in a cenote (do some reading) instead of a pool. A+ Very fun. A bit more intimidating than a pool, but if you're getting scuba certified, I'm assuming it's because you want to see real underwater.

The open water dives for certification are done in beautiful Tankah Bay outside the bay's barrier reef. A huge variety of corals, fish and crustaceans to see. I couldn't keep track of everything I saw.

Once certified, I went with Lucky Fish to Dos Ojos (Spanish for Two Eyes) for a cavern dive. YOU HAVE TO GO if you're looking to push your boundaries. The snorkelling tour there is neat if you don't know about THIS option. It's a gorgeous, open cavern system where stalactites, stalagmites and columns drift slowly by as you swim by. They charge less than hidden worlds does - if I recall it was $55 for two dives there. Each dive was about 50 minutes. You'll never be able to touch ceiling/floor or wall/wall at any point. It's wide, but if you do have claustrophobia, this isn't your thing. A location write up can be found at the addy below. Great pictures. You really see this sort of stuff.
-------------------

Brigitte, Chris and Andre make you feel confident and welcome. I feel I got an excellent deal for my money and that my instructor Brigitte was kind, courteous and professional.

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member