This lovely small hotel (or Posada, as the owner and innkeeper lives on site) was a wonderful vacation home for two weeks. Lovely. The rooms are freshly painted and light, as the sun dances on the walls filtered by the well-cared for and flourishing plants, shrubs and trees in the courtyard. The small things such as hangars galore, working safes (not that they are needed), cold fridge (beer) and kitchen area (prepare guacamole) clean and useful. If you need anything (beer, avacados e.g.), small stores are a hop, skip and jump away. Peaceful, and an oasis after a day on the beach, biking or Mayan history exploring.
You start your day with the oft-mentioned breakfasts. Delicious, beautifully presented. Brenda's smile as she checks your order is like a cup of coffee it is so engaging. Ricardo's Hola from the kitchen as he wafts herbs and sausage smells your way gets your hunger going.
You end the day with a host of restaurants in walking distance. We loved the El Camillo down the block, fresh fish and glorious octopus and squid, washed down by cold beer in comfortable plastic chairs. You will not lack for choices, which brings us to Tom.
Tom is the owner manager who lives on site and makes it a true Posada. An early morning fixture who wanders around greeting guests with his shades giving us, at first, the vague impression of a Texas cop stopping to give you a ticket. But, underneath, as he slips off the glasses, is a charming guy who wants to give you a ticket - to all that Tulum and the area has to offer. He knows about it, and how to hook you up with the many variations of day-trips or evening events.
Tom turned us on to Antonio and Jessica, a couple who own and run Yucatan Outdoors. Rookie or advanced, Antonio's tours of the Reserva to the south, or unusual ceynotes in the area are remarkable. Antonio has passion, expertise, a safety lens, and grace and humour - all in one package! Worth every penny for his guiding and gear and experience. (Jessica runs the office, and gets up really early on kayak days to make a very delicious lunch - fresh, recipes from her Mom, and tasty.) The setting of eating these delicacies while bobbing in the Laguna watching rays and ibis is also extraordinary.
So it goes. The Posada is a hub for it all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Luna del Sur is a delightful small boutique hotel of 12 private suites, which has earned praise for excellence value, service, comfort and quality from travelers around the world. The suites are graciously proportioned and lovingly appointed. Immaculately maintained suites include; king size or twin beds sleeping accommodations (roll-away beds available for parties of three on request) cozy sitting area, balcony or patio area, mini fridge, unlimited complimentary bottled water, ceiling fans, A/C, security safe, cable TV, free WiFi hot spot, hot water, 24 hour security/bellhop, concierge services, tour desk, and our signature a la carte breakfast inspire care-free times and peaceful dreams! Our hotel is focused on value, service, comfort and quality. We have won multiple TripAdvisor Traveler´s Choice awards throughout the years; our most recent in 2017 for the best ¨value¨ hotel. We believe you can still stay at a quality boutique hotel in Tulum, without breaking your bank. A gem in the Riviera Maya, we invite you to come and discover why! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Posada Luna del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Luna Del Sur Hotel Tulum
- Posada Luna Del Sur Tulum