First of all forget other places to stay in Tulum, this is the only place you should consider.
Posada Luna del sur is cheap, clean comfortable and safe and makes a great place for you to explore the neighbouring sites and sounds surrounding this incredibly beautiful spot of the world.
So what makes it so good? Well let me tell you...
The rooms are large, with a massive bed, shower room kitchenette and your own little patio or balcony. Each room comes with a coffee perculator and a batch of excellent local Mexican coffee. Like I have mentioned before, the rooms are excellently maintained and cleaned, and each day a new (and sometimes scary) animal will have been created using the room towels by the cleaning staff. Each morning an amazing breakfast is served and I mainly dined on the myriad of Mexican specials that were on offer and now have the expanded gut to show for it.
Now what makes this hotel stand out from being just a good hotel is, like others here have said is the owner Tom. He is passionate about the surrounding area, and my advice to you is put down your Lonely Planet guide and listen to him. He will give you his own personalised map with his own favourite beach spots away from the crowds, local restaurant picks ranging from the pricey gourmets to the local musts, where to see Turtles, what tours to take, when to go and a what time the tourists will not be in every photo you have of that Ruin you really wanted to see. It's like having your own personalised guide that you pay no extra money for. He really made our stay in Tulum a little bit more special and for that I thank him.
The location is right at the end of the main road of Tulum (Tulum is basically a main road with businesses located down either side, with a road at the Play Del Carmen end leading to the beautiful beach) it's a 10 minute walk to the end of the road from the hotel and around a 60 Peso cab to the beach or alternatively you could hire a bike.
My wife and I stayed here for 10 days and I haven't relaxed so much in a long time. Yes it's not on the beach, but what you lack in beautiful beach views is more than made up by the absolutely superb level of service that Posada Luna del sur provides.
So if your still looking for somewhere to stay in Tulum, stay here. You wont be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Luna del Sur is a delightful small boutique hotel of 12 private suites, which has earned praise for excellence value, service, comfort and quality from travelers around the world. The suites are graciously proportioned and lovingly appointed. Immaculately maintained suites include; king size or twin beds sleeping accommodations (roll-away beds available for parties of three on request) cozy sitting area, balcony or patio area, mini fridge, unlimited complimentary bottled water, ceiling fans, A/C, security safe, cable TV, free WiFi hot spot, hot water, 24 hour security/bellhop, concierge services, tour desk, and our signature a la carte breakfast inspire care-free times and peaceful dreams! Our hotel is focused on value, service, comfort and quality. We have won multiple TripAdvisor Traveler´s Choice awards throughout the years; our most recent in 2017 for the best ¨value¨ hotel. We believe you can still stay at a quality boutique hotel in Tulum, without breaking your bank. A gem in the Riviera Maya, we invite you to come and discover why! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Posada Luna del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Luna Del Sur Hotel Tulum
- Posada Luna Del Sur Tulum