“Best way to discover riviera maya!”

Tulum Sailing Vientos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

We got to know about Sailing Tulum from our local kite instructor. As me and my girlfriend love sailing and try to use each free occation to do so, were happy to find there is a sailing boat (kat) to do so.

We were able to agree for a sunset sailing option right for the next day. First i was sceptical, as the wind was realitively low (4-5 kts) but hell we had a lot of fun.

The catamaran we took has large sail survace area and even in light breeze we cought catch some speed. Fabian and the crew knows what they are doing and their hospitality is amazing. I was able to stay at the helm most of the time and get some tips how to sail.

We did also snorchel and while i ve beeing siving quite a lot (cuba, philipines, martinique) i ve never seen so much sea life on one spot.

Highly recommended!

in 2 reviews
"camera"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed July 19, 2017

My husband and I had a great time sailing with Fabian and crew! The weather was great and the crew was knowledgeable, experienced, and fun! This was not a fancy, luxury sail- it was a relaxed afternoon with a fun crew that is laid back and entertaining. They let my husband man the helm and snorkeling was great. The other guests were also good company. We would definitely recommend sailing with Vientos and will hang out with them again given the opportunity. :)
P.S. know that you will walk out into about waist deep water to climb a ladder to board the boat, as this is customary in Costa Maya for most water excursions.

3  Thank rkshaddix
Reviewed June 9, 2017

Fabian, Raul, and the whole Vientos team were a pleasure to be around. They reached out to confirm our appointment and coordinated the excursion with so much ease. The sailing was so beautiful and exactly what we wanted. It was a beautiful boat and being out on the water (away from so many other larger tourist groups) was very special. The price point was definitely worth it. I'd highly recommend this to anyone looking to spend a few hours on the water and have a special adventure!

1  Thank katedeb00
VientosA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tulum Sailing Vientos, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2017

Thank you Kate. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time! See you in the future!

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

We found these guys through TripAdvisor, and I can attest that the great reviews were spot on. We had such a great day with Fabian and Raul! They are the only catamaran on the beach so they are easy to find.

We went out for a 3-4 hour trip with them. It was a perfect day for sailing. We snorkeled on the reef for about 30-45 minutes, which was great. Completely away from the tour groups and crowds. The rest of the time was spent going up and down the coast line past the ruins and back. Again, perfect day, and I would highly reccommend them to anyone looking for a relaxing day on the water away from the crowds.

Thanks again, Fabian and Raul!!!

1  Thank Paul C
See more reviews
Reviewed May 6, 2017

I was looking for a sailing trip that both my mother and I could enjoy. Sailing with Fabian and Raul was the right choice for us!
From the start, it was easy to communicate with Fabian via e-mail. On the day of the excursion, we travelled to Tulum and Fabian and Raul were waiting for us on the beach by the catamaran. They helped us aboard and soon we were sailing south along the coast on a private excursion! We sailed from 3:30 PM until almost 7:00 PM, stopping to snorkel and also sailing very close to the Tulum ruins.
The snorkeling was excellent! We stopped at a reef where we saw schools of fish, and angelfish and there was no one else around! I'm not sure how long we stopped for, but we snorkeled for as long as I wanted!
Fabian and Raul were so friendly, it was like we were sailing with friends. They offered us soda, water, beer, and nuts and also took pics with our cameras. We chatted a lot but there were also times when we sat quietly and just enjoyed the experience. If I ever return to the Mayan Riviera, I will definately be booking another sailing trip with Tulum Sailing Vientos!

1  Thank Laura V