“One of my faves”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I've lost count of the number of times I have been to Juanita's because I've never been disappointed....well, except that they say (but don't always do) that they don't make pizzas until 2pm--which seems kinda late. My husband is lactose intolerant, and they are always willing to make him a specialised pizza (a vegetarian pizza with no cheese, but with pepperoni and chicken added to it--he's a fat person in a skinny man's body). I've tried almost all of their pizzas by now and would recommend them all. They also have amazing lasagna, a great salmon carpaccio, wonderful salads, and really tasty empanadas. The portions are all big and worth the price.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We came here for dinner as recommended by Playa Azul's staff and didn't regret it at all.
Pizza for two, red wine and candle lights made of our dinner out such a romantic experience.
Careful about the mosquitoes though, during the night the road side seems to get a bit too hot... the waiter was really kind and offered mosquito repellent, so no biggy.
Try the spicy oil, it adds a nice taste to the pizza (we had the Juanita Diavola one).

Reviewed February 24, 2014

we had an extra day in Tulum at the end of our trip and ate every meal at Juanita Diavola! expreso drinks wonderful, most pleasant service and a pretty spot to sit, day or night!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

After driving by Juanita Diavola several times on the way to and from our hotel, we finally had dinner there on our second to last night in Tulum. We ordered the grilled eggplant parmesan, a quatro staggioni pizza and a glass of wine each. Our food came very quickly, but then service was spotty. It was hard to get the waiter's attention. Our food was delicious so we overlooked the difficulty in getting the waiter back to the table. When we finally did, we ordered dessert and espresso. While we were waiting for dessert, another patron a few tables away from us became very ill. By the time my dessert arrived I had lost my appetite and just wanted the check. We paid the bill and left quickly. I don't think the patron was sick from the food. She seemed to be suffering from perhaps too much sun and too much alcohol. It was just our bad luck to happen to be dining there that night, otherwise it would have been a very enjoyable meal. The restaurant has a very nice ambience too.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Yummy brick oven pizza. The staff were chatty and friendly... Very helpful, above and beyond being just a restaurant. We sat at the bar and the bartender even let us taste some of the left overs from making a piña colada.